Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a supercharger and would rather extend the current throttle body harness with new connectors (plug-n-play) instead of cutting the OEM and extending it. Does anyone know of a plug-n-play extended harness out there, or maybe just the male/female ends so I can fab up my own?
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RMG. I only see one end of the plug though and not the other that would be required to make an extender. Is the number listed a mopar part number that could be ordered through the dealer?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes,That site has the mopar dealer part numbers.Talk to the guys with Maggies,I think they use a extender like that.You can only get the Male side from mopar.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I had a Supercharger Installed ( Maggie ) and they were able to use the TB connector as is what I was told is that you have to cut the tye raps that hold the harnessin place back by the firewall and you will have enought length.

Installing a supercharger and would rather extend the current throttle body harness with new connectors (plug-n-play) instead of cutting the OEM and extending it. Does anyone know of a plug-n-play extended harness out there, or maybe just the male/female ends so I can fab up my own?
Thanks,
Justin

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
Since the Kenne Bell places the throttle body closer to the firewall..... I would think you could undo the wire loom to get the plug closer to the rear. It is already out front of the engine. You should end up with too much wire length I would think.

Several members on the board have installed their own KB. Maybe they could lend some advice on what they did.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good idea but would rather not unravel the stock harness. Perfect world I could just plug in extensions...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry bud but it's impossible to get the female connector. Many people with good connections have tried and failed. When we extend the OEM harness no one would be the wiser it was touched. Solder, shrink wrap, the right loom, and some elbow grease is all it takes. Good luck

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
The Techco solution was to use a completely different plug they could get both ends to. Then you had to carefully push the wire ends out and reinstall them in the new plug.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pics.......?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the info guys!
Looks like by all accounts from these posts and some emails that the female side of the TB plug is not available, anywhere. Will just have to extend it cleanly...

@Mclarengts, Pics of what, the install?

·
Registered
215 Posts
My KB came with lengths of wire that I spliced in to extend the IAT sensor and the TB harness per the instructions. I would have prefered a plug and play solution but I'm sure there was a reason for doing it that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts