Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - my 17 Scat Pack Shaker has a 2 inch tire to fender gap in front and 3 inches in the rear.

I think I’d like to drop the front about .5 inches and the rear at least an inch.

I’ve been debating going with coilovers but would prefer to retain the STP Bilstein shocks. Hence me looking into lowering springs.

Anyone find a successful lowering spring setup for this model? From my research the Mopar Stage 1 springs won’t lower it enough.

Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Did you also need a camber kit and do you have any good pics of your Challenger with the springs installed?

How’s the ride quality?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
The Scat should be about 1/2 inch lower stock. From what I've seen Mopar Stage 1 springs lower approx. another 1/2". That would work for the front. I'd think that makes sense that a spring that says it will lower 1.5" or so when then lower the rear 1". I have never seen any front only, or rear only springs offered though. KW does have adjustable lowering springs though. These would retain your shocks, and you can adjust front/rear to your liking. Confirm fit with KW, they list 2015 Scat, but then skip to 2019 models, and only V6 and RT

A Guy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice! Did you also need a camber kit and do you have any good pics of your Challenger with the springs installed?

How’s the ride quality?

Thanks!
No I didn’t do a camber kit yet. And ride quality is just about the same just without the body roll. I tried to post pics but they didn’t go through the way I wanted them too. I’ll try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Read up a bit more on the H&R springs. They look to be one of the lowest options out there. My only concern with the H&Rs is clearing my 315/35/20 rear tires on the MRR 20x11 wheels. Not sure if that’ll be an issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks guys. Read up a bit more on the H&R springs. They look to be one of the lowest options out there. My only concern with the H&Rs is clearing my 315/35/20 rear tires on the MRR 20x11 wheels. Not sure if that’ll be an issue?
I was told that 315’s would be the biggest I could go once lowered. May have some rubbing. I’m on 305’s 20x10.5 demon reps no issues here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up going with Eibach Pro-Kits, as I thought they’d be a bit more conservative. They’re more aggressive than I thought but I’m pretty happy with them.

I would’ve liked to have the rear a tad bit higher. That being said they do tuck the 315s in nicely whereas before it looked like I could go off roading?

Not noticing much of an impact to the ride quality other than the car just seems tighter. No NVH impact either.

Definitely noticing the car planting better under acceleration and significantly less nose dive under heavy breaking. Overall the SPS is much more fun to drive.

1DA2FF73-64D1-4ABB-B012-542D73B603EE.jpeg 39A6E33F-CEE9-4F04-A861-FF7C90556876.jpeg 1DA2FF73-64D1-4ABB-B012-542D73B603EE.jpeg
1DA2FF73-64D1-4ABB-B012-542D73B603EE.jpeg
39A6E33F-CEE9-4F04-A861-FF7C90556876.jpeg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
That's a great drop (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! It was a tough decision on which springs to go with and whether or not to go with coilovers. Glad I went this route and saved a few hundred bucks by not buying the coilovers.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
I used the Mopar stage 1 lowering springs on my 2019 Challenger Scat Pack... I also cut off a half coil and this drops the rear 1.1" ... in the front I added heater hose to the coil (can do bottom for sure, potentially top alternatively) and resulting drop in the front was .6" and this levels the car. I MUCH prefer the slightly firmer ride and less body roll. Very happy with the setup!

Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales

·
Premium Member
11,571 Posts
I ended up going with Eibach Pro-Kits, as I thought they’d be a bit more conservative. They’re more aggressive than I thought but I’m pretty happy with them.

I would’ve liked to have the rear a tad bit higher. That being said they do tuck the 315s in nicely whereas before it looked like I could go off roading?

Not noticing much of an impact to the ride quality other than the car just seems tighter. No NVH impact either.

Definitely noticing the car planting better under acceleration and significantly less nose dive under heavy breaking. Overall the SPS is much more fun to drive.

View attachment 978829 View attachment 978830 View attachment 978829 View attachment 978830 View attachment 978829
View attachment 978829
View attachment 978830
I know this is an older thread, but wow that is a great looking Challenger.

- Alexis

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Alexis!

Just an update on my Eibach setup. I ended up getting new adjustable front and rear control arms as the alignment was a bit out of spec after the initial lowering. With the arms I’m at the exact recommended settings from Dodge. I was a bit paranoid that I’d hit the fenders by adding more camber back but that wasn’t the case at all.

I’ll post some updated pics later this week but it doesn’t really look that much different. But it drives 100% better especially at launch. Actually feels safer to drive in general too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts