Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so what kit did you use? Will kits for 2008-2010 models work? I keep hearing conflicting opinions...

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Just fyi, saleen is known to be very uncustomer friendly, and have been putting out subpar parts lately. The sms body parts are garbage. Noone I've seen with any parts have been 100% happy. Wait for a true exhaust and suspension company release something, you will be happy you did. It shouldn't be long...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Just fyi, saleen is known to be very uncustomer friendly, and have been putting out subpar parts lately. The sms body parts are garbage. Noone I've seen with any parts have been 100% happy. Wait for a true exhaust and suspension company release something, you will be happy you did. It shouldn't be long...
Ditti. I would stay away from Steve Saleen.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really suprised there's no suspension out for the 11's, did the factory really change them that much?

·
Registered
188 Posts
If so what kit did you use? Will kits for 2008-2010 models work? I keep hearing conflicting opinions...
SC05,
The 2010 Challenger suspension works with the 2011. If you have an RT 6-speed, you will also need to upgrade the rear shocks to the Bilsteins over the factory Nivomat self leveling shocks.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Anyone have a write up for a spring and strut swap on a challenger? I'm new to Dodges

·
Registered
132 Posts
SC05,
The 2010 Challenger suspension works with the 2011. If you have an RT 6-speed, you will also need to upgrade the rear shocks to the Bilsteins over the factory Nivomat self leveling shocks.
Is this only with the RT's Im ready as of now to order sportlines for my ride but want to be sure they fit. If not Ill be a Guinea pig

·
Registered
11 Posts
The differences between an 10 and 11 are minimal. You do need to know if you have Nivomat rears. Nivomats are load carrying shock absorbers and require a special spring to lower.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Actually its not a special spring you need , you just need to replace the Nivomats with a non self leveling shock . Best bet would be to buy the lowering kit that comes with 4 new springs and 2 new front struts and 2 new rear shocks . this way all components are designed to work together

Eibach Pro-System Kit

The differences between an 10 and 11 are minimal. You do need to know if you have Nivomat rears. Nivomats are load carrying shock absorbers and require a special spring to lower.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I heard that simply adding lowering springs will negatively impact the car's handling... IMO, given that (if true), I'd go for a set of good coilovers with dampening control... lower your ride AND improve handling! More expensive, but alot of bang for the buck!

·
Registered
352 Posts
All these conflicting reports... does anyone know *for sure* if I can get the 08-10 SRT susp kit and slap it on my 11 RT = Win????

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
All these conflicting reports... does anyone know *for sure* if I can get the 08-10 SRT susp kit and slap it on my 11 RT = Win????
As per Eibach it cant be done for the SRT8 (I didnt ask about the R/T or SE)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts