Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. If you live close and have the PC attachment for the predator, can I borrow it for a few hours? I can pick up.

the one I ordered is not here yet and my tune is doing something funky

I am in Stuart FL....

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
All you need is a USB to serial adapter and a 12v wall wart (check the pin out on the connector)

You may have the wall wart on something else you own, and the adapter is at any radio shack.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
The Predator requires a separate AC power adapter in addition to the USB cable? My Trinity runs right off the USB connection - no power adapter required - and I would think the power demands of the Trinity's large color screen and much faster CPU are a lot greater than the Predator's.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I may have figured it out, I think my belt is slipping. I am changing the belt and tensioner to eliminate that. i eliminated my meth injection solenoid and that was fine. i will get this figured out today :d

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
The Predator requires a separate AC power adapter in addition to the USB cable? My Trinity runs right off the USB connection - no power adapter required - and I would think the power demands of the Trinity's large color screen and much faster CPU are a lot greater than the Predator's.
The predator is not a USB device. It is RS-232 so it requires power and a serial port.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
The predator is not a USB device. It is RS-232 so it requires power and a serial port.
Ahhh, I see... thanks. Another good reason to spend the extra bucks for a Trinity - when one factors in all the 'add on's that have to be purchased in order to fully use a Predator, the price differential between the two units decreases. And the Trinity is soooo much better than the Predator with all the features it has.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Ahhh, I see... thanks. Another good reason to spend the extra bucks for a Trinity - when one factors in all the 'add on's that have to be purchased in order to fully use a Predator, the price differential between the two units decreases. And the Trinity is soooo much better than the Predator with all the features it has.
I wouldnt figure $20 as a huge add on price...but thats just me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts