Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had mine about 6 weeks, and I love it. I came from an SRT8, but the 1320 is a whole different beast. This car launches instead of just smoking the tires at will.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,457 Posts
I've had mine since September, 2019. Sold my Scat Pack to buy the 1320.

The 1320 is an absolute beast on the strip; the difference between it and a Scat Pack is night and day.

Reactions: Mantis1 and HemiDan

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
526 Posts
Got mine June of last year. All I can say is if you go to the drag strip routinely, you'll love this car. The launches on a prepped track are amazing. And when you're at the track, or a car show, or anywhere, the thing you'll hear most is "What's a 1320??". Which is great if you love talking about your car like a lot of us do lol.

My biggest dislike, besides things I wish Dodge added, is the electronics, but some of that applies to all Challengers. Right now there's a visual glitch on the drive modes with 1320s. And a lot of us, me included, are avoiding uconnect updates like the plague because of the risk that it'll screw something up more or wipe out drag mode entirely. I think that's partly because the 1320s have different Performance Pages than all the other Scats. Plus there's the over-complicated TransBrake which is cool but not very practical to use if you're a bracket racer.

No one knows how long they'll keep making them, but every year a lot of us think it'll be the last and every year they announce they're still making them is a bigger surprise than if they said they weren't going to make them.

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,457 Posts
Got mine June of last year. All I can say is if you go to the drag strip routinely, you'll love this car. The launches on a prepped track are amazing. And when you're at the track, or a car show, or anywhere, the thing you'll hear most is "What's a 1320??". Which is great if you love talking about your car like a lot of us do lol.

My biggest dislike, besides things I wish Dodge added, is the electronics, but some of that applies to all Challengers. Right now there's a visual glitch on the drive modes with 1320s. And a lot of us, me included, are avoiding uconnect updates like the plague because of the risk that it'll screw something up more or wipe out drag mode entirely. I think that's partly because the 1320s have different Performance Pages than all the other Scats. Plus there's the over-complicated TransBrake which is cool but not very practical to use if you're a bracket racer.

No one knows how long they'll keep making them, but every year a lot of us think it'll be the last and every year they announce they're still making them is a bigger surprise than if they said they weren't going to make them.
Totally agree with this^^^^

If you don't drag race (legally), you're not going to enjoy the best aspects of the 1320, and I would question whether it's worth the additional cost over a regular Scat. If you do drag race, this car is fantastic.

I've got almost 90 runs in mine, and the only thing really affecting the car (other than DA) is its driver. My PB is 11.428 @ 118.36. I've got multiple runs in the 11.4s, 11.5s and 11.6s while still learning how to drag race. In the hands of an experienced racer, the 1320 would be killer.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
148 Posts
Totally agreeing with everything said, BTW PaVa Love the Wheels Up Pic and I Love Atco, I put down my first 9 sec pass there in one of my F-150 Lightnings (had 5 over the years) and have made many passes in many different vehicles there over the yrs. (y)

My opinion from another angle... So life goes by and you get older (well I did :( and along the way the man takes every single track away from you in your State and welcome to my world.... Sure when I was younger I didn't mind getting up at 3am and spending 10 hours driving to and from Atco and spending 8 to 10 hours at the track, but man that's a long day. I've also broken things more than once out of State at a track and nothing worse then be stranded out of town. So for right now or until we get a local track all my fun is now done on the street AND THAT IS THE MAIN REASON I BOUGHT THE 1320.

I do A TON of research before I buy a performance car and I knew I wanted a 392, I knew I wanted a Scat Pack, and when I started researching the 1320 there was nothing else I would settle for after spending months researching it. For so many years I drove around with 871 Blowers sticking out of the hood, Big Tire, Roll Cages, 700, 800, even 900 HP. But man you give up A LOT to be able to run 9's and 10's in a DD, hell even 11's in some cases. As I did my research on the 1320 I kept finding Vids with people boasting how great the 1320 was on the street, how well the technology allowed you to put it down, how great they drive in Drag Mode on the Street, and how amazing the Drag Suspension was for street driving. In fact in ever Vid I saw people were saying how much better it was over their other Challengers on the street, how it was more comfortable on the bumps, how it hooked so much better, how much faster it was . So I took the plunge and I could not be happier...

It's amazing how fast these 1320's can be at just under 500HP, but it's the technology (and some Demon Goodies) that makes it what it is. Of course I hope to get it down the 1320 in time but for right now and in my early ownership of it (3 to 4 months) I'm currently digging everything about this beast and can't get enough seat time in. As much as I like to play with the Performance Pages, Settings, and Timers, I also found that keeping it simple is the best for me right now. When I want to mellow out and just cruise in stealth mode I simply start it and drive away as is, AND ITS QUITE IMPRESSIVE. If I want to change a couple of things but not everything I simply hit the Super Track Pack Button, and when I want to put it down or go into hunting mode a simply hit of the Drag Button and OMG it's a completely different BEAST in a Mili-Second. The Transmission downshifts are off the hook, the RPM's it holds going up and down are amazing, the quickness of the shifts , the Motor Sound & Power is completely different and very impressive. When you stomp it in Drag Mode you can see and feel the front come up and back go down as it takes off like a bat out of hell. So for me the wonders of the 1320 were exactly what I wanted on the Street because it gave me the best of both worlds. I have every creature comfort I could ever imagine and i can drive it anywhere anytime in stealth mode. OR hit one simple button and WATCH OUT, your in a completely different BEAST.

·
Registered
113 Posts
PaVaSteeler getting air? You inspire me to try harder. I know you did a tire swap, and I am looking at the same. That is a really impressive launch, and a great picture.

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,457 Posts
Totally agreeing with everything said, BTW PaVa Love the Wheels Up Pic and I Love Atco, I put down my first 9 sec pass there in one of my F-150 Lightnings (had 5 over the years) and have made many passes in many different vehicles there over the yrs. (y)

My opinion from another angle... So life goes by and you get older (well I did :( and along the way the man takes every single track away from you in your State and welcome to my world.... Sure when I was younger I didn't mind getting up at 3am and spending 10 hours driving to and from Atco and spending 8 to 10 hours at the track, but man that's a long day. I've also broken things more than once out of State at a track and nothing worse then be stranded out of town. So for right now or until we get a local track all my fun is now done on the street AND THAT IS THE MAIN REASON I BOUGHT THE 1320.

I do A TON of research before I buy a performance car and I knew I wanted a 392, I knew I wanted a Scat Pack, and when I started researching the 1320 there was nothing else I would settle for after spending months researching it. For so many years I drove around with 871 Blowers sticking out of the hood, Big Tire, Roll Cages, 700, 800, even 900 HP. But man you give up A LOT to be able to run 9's and 10's in a DD, hell even 11's in some cases. As I did my research on the 1320 I kept finding Vids with people boasting how great the 1320 was on the street, how well the technology allowed you to put it down, how great they drive in Drag Mode on the Street, and how amazing the Drag Suspension was for street driving. In fact in ever Vid I saw people were saying how much better it was over their other Challengers on the street, how it was more comfortable on the bumps, how it hooked so much better, how much faster it was . So I took the plunge and I could not be happier...

It's amazing how fast these 1320's can be at just under 500HP, but it's the technology (and some Demon Goodies) that makes it what it is. Of course I hope to get it down the 1320 in time but for right now and in my early ownership of it (3 to 4 months) I'm currently digging everything about this beast and can't get enough seat time in. As much as I like to play with the Performance Pages, Settings, and Timers, I also found that keeping it simple is the best for me right now. When I want to mellow out and just cruise in stealth mode I simply start it and drive away as is, AND ITS QUITE IMPRESSIVE. If I want to change a couple of things but not everything I simply hit the Super Track Pack Button, and when I want to put it down or go into hunting mode a simply hit of the Drag Button and OMG it's a completely different BEAST in a Mili-Second. The Transmission downshifts are off the hook, the RPM's it holds going up and down are amazing, the quickness of the shifts , the Motor Sound & Power is completely different and very impressive. When you stomp it in Drag Mode you can see and feel the front come up and back go down as it takes off like a bat out of hell. So for me the wonders of the 1320 were exactly what I wanted on the Street because it gave me the best of both worlds. I have every creature comfort I could ever imagine and i can drive it anywhere anytime in stealth mode. OR hit one simple button and WATCH OUT, your in a completely different BEAST.
My comment about those who don't drag race obviously doesn't apply to you. This car should be perfect for you, even if you never get back to a track. Why? Because you will appreciate just how well Dodge designed this car, because you've been there.

I'm probably as old as you, if not, then close. Regrettably, it wasn't until 2015 when I bought my first Challenger that I got to formally enjoy racing on a drag strip. I grew up just after the original muscle car era, but never had the money to buy one of the classics when they were still plentiful and on the road. I'm trying to make up for lost time with this 1320.

Best of luck to you and your 1320; keep us posted on your exploits. It's sad news knowing that ATCO's days are quickly running out, but I'm fortunate to live within 2.5 hours of three quality 1/4 tracks. If you're ever down in the DC area with your 1320 let me know and we'll line up a time or two.

Reactions: Robs1320

·
Registered
10 Posts
Totally agree with this^^^^

If you don't drag race (legally), you're not going to enjoy the best aspects of the 1320, and I would question whether it's worth the additional cost over a regular Scat. If you do drag race, this car is fantastic.

I've got almost 90 runs in mine, and the only thing really affecting the car (other than DA) is its driver. My PB is 11.428 @ 118.36. I've got multiple runs in the 11.4s, 11.5s and 11.6s while still learning how to drag race. In the hands of an experienced racer, the 1320 would be killer.

View attachment 1020496

View attachment 1020497
How big of a tire do you have on the rear end of your 1320?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,457 Posts
Reactions: Patrick Moore
1 - 12 of 12 Posts