Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has painted their grill to match the body color. I have a bright silver R/T and trying to get an idea what it might look like.

If anyone has pics that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im sorry, Im still new to the site, but sounds like a stupid idea... keep it as is or check out some of the after market stuff, dont want something cheap like that on your nice new car.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I think it would work but only do the inner grill. You need to keep some black in there to give it the aggressive look these come with.

To the above poster nothing is a "Stupid Idea" We all have ideas and to each there own. I think it sould look good if done right but if you paint the whole thing to match that is where it just doesn't fit.

I hope this helps and sorry for the guy above me. Maybe get someone to photoshop it for you and go that route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought about doing the outside surrounding part of the grill to match my hemi orange and doing the center black.

I saw this done to an aftermarket grill.
The center was mesh thou. Looked great

May be worth spending the 130 for the aftermarket grill just to keep the oem original
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Silver car, silver surround --- NO problems here.

P.S. BMWDON, where do you run that "beast"? I'd love to see it in action. You definately get a :thumbsup: for total vehicle execution!

·
Registered
68 Posts
anyone done this to a DWB??

·
Registered
86 Posts
here's a video of a car with the front and back surrounds painted to match the body. (excuse the 24's)

nrosa: that piece you painted red, does it come off or do you have to pull the whole front clip and mask it to paint it? I want to paint mine black.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
Im sorry, Im still new to the site, but sounds like a stupid idea... keep it as is or check out some of the after market stuff, dont want something cheap like that on your nice new car.

geez - I am awful glad you (as a newbie) arent JUDGEMENTAL or anything about what OTHER members want to do to THEIR car

looking at the original post - I fail to note WHERE he asked for opinions

heres an elephant to go with your peanut :elephant:

·
Registered
66 Posts
DownBad- I bought a oem grill trim on ebay and painted it hemi orange. The stock was a pain to remove. we ended up using a long thin flat head and popped out the clips. only one clip broke but still usable if i wanted to try something new

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
here is a pic of my body color insert (i have since removed it and replacing with danco predator)

hell - I'll paint it your body color and ship it to you for 50.00 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is exactly what im talking about.! That looks great.
Like the above poster asked does it come out?

Is that still the stock center or did you paint it?

Thanks in advance -jo

**edit**

i see you popped it out....did you paint the center thou?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
that center piece is in the trunk right now (yes you can pop it in and out - great way to keep your car stock UNDER the custom piece) I am pulling the entire front end to put together part of "GHOST V3.5 The Phantom 'cuda"

like I said - I can paint that insert any color

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lol, for those who got mad at my opinion, IT IS JUST THAT! An opinion! If you make it look good, congrats, but to me, it just doesent sound like a good one. Prove me wrong! I would love to see the results! But maybe take a picture on a photo shop and add color, that way you have a rough idea of what it would look like before opening a can of paint. Thats what I did while painting my bike. The number and tank graphic where cut and pasted onto a photo via computer program (easily downloaded for free). And In my opinion it turned out well, but for those who dident.... well thats there opinion, and thats what there entitled to.... Wasent tryen to hurt your feelings, but i know some other posters got a little sensitive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.