Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anyone pushing over 600whp on a 392??

13K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Ironchef2014 
#1 ·
I know what most of you will say. Dont push the stock bottom end with our glass like pistons. But im curious if anyone is pushing 600 or slightly over with a great tune. My car is breathing great as it is so theres not much restriction. I figure if I go pop then its 426 time anyway.

#3 ·
How much boost? Nothing forged right.

#4 ·
7 psi and the engine internals are bone stock. Josh recommended we leave the engine alone and stay below 8 psi with a safe tune.
Now, all dynos are different so I don't know about eclipsing 600. But the number means little to me, it's the driveability I'm after. So we'll do a baseline dyno and a final which I'll post up. But key for me is that HHP will keep the car for a few days and tune her for all of the little glitches that can sometimes come up.

#5 ·
Im actually referring to 600RWHP or more. 7psi will keep u well below that number.

#7 ·
Impressive. Well over 600whp on a dynojet. So 9psi huh. Im at 5psi And 580whp. Wounder where id be at 9 psi? What pistons you put in?

#11 ·
Again. Has anyone ran over 600 on the stock bottom end...

#15 ·
I had a stock bottom end and blew it all to pieces. Now I am all forged. You are on borrowed time with a stock bottom end and a supercharger. Trust me! i see'em all the time.

#12 ·
My install is scheduled for next week now so I'll post results right after. Who knows, maybe I'll be lucky for anchange and my Challenger is a factory ringer! LOL

I've always heard there are a few unicorns out there that just run strong as hell. Sure would be nice to have mine be one so we'll do the before and after dyno to confirm.

#13 ·
611 rwhp 2011 srt8 gwe

My car Dyno-ed at 611 RWHP. I am running Kooks Headers and High Flow Cats and a Maggie SC.

I have a stock bottom end and have had NO issues......except the fuel pump which I just upgraded otherwise plenty of power

I only have 13,000 miles on the car, 6000 of them with the SC and I drive the car hard

No issues to date, knock on wood and I hope to keep it that way.

I change my oil every 1500 miles, full synthetic Mobile 1, other than putting gas in it and changing the tires once a season. I just switched from Cooper to Nitto NT-01s and they are awesome. I have never had better launch or handling traction!

#14 ·
My car Dyno-ed at 611 RWHP. I am running Kooks Headers and High Flow Cats and a Maggie SC.

I have a stock bottom end and have had NO issues......except the fuel pump which I just upgraded otherwise plenty of power

I only have 13,000 miles on the car, 6000 of them with the SC and I drive the car hard

No issues to date, knock on wood and I hope to keep it that way.

I change my oil every 1500 miles, full synthetic Mobile 1, other than putting gas in it and changing the tires once a season. I just switched from Cooper to Nitto NT-01s and they are awesome. I have never had better launch or handling traction!

Thanks man. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. How does it do on the strip?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#18 ·
What are your supporting mods

#19 ·
Arrington fuel pump, SRT4 injectors, 180 thermostat, bigger intercooler, Josh/HHP tune. The helical gears are almost silent and best thing for me is that the entire experience just feels like a bigger motor. Josh has done tons of Procharger setups with stock pistons. The key I'm told is in the tune. And knock on wood, to date not one of his has grenaded.

#20 ·
No cam or headers? The reason I ask is my buddy has a procharger with 7.5psi and isnt running that much power to the wheels

#24 ·
Nice man. What mods

#25 ·
I have a 2014 SRT 392 bone stock motor with a 6 psi Procharger tuner kit, larger intercooler, Siemens injectors, 87mm TB and most importantly, an HHP and Diablo tune. In the summer, we tapped out at 574 rwhp due to lack of tuning adjustability from Diablo and my motor maxing out on the Mopar Stage 2 injectors. Yesterday we updated the tune with the new adjustment parameters after swapping the injectors and were able to maintain the same flat curve with far more room left in the injector duty cycle. And 607 was the middle run, we had a low of 605 and a high of 614.

#26 ·
What dyno were you on? That is pretty high, I made 615whp 580 tq with D1 head unit 8lbs,Race bov and Intercooler, LT kooks, catless, API 400lph pump, and 80lbs injectors. Maybe ill see if josh can do better with the tune. hate to spend more on money on tuning after I already paid someone to tune it.

#27 ·
Whatever the dyno is at HHP. Josh said that he has not personally seen a bone stock 392 make this much rwhp with just a 6 psi Procharger. But he also said that I'm the first running the large Siemens injectors and a new set of tuning parameters he was able to utilize from Diablo. Something about having far more adjustability in the fuel trims, timing adjustments, etc….

And as with any dyno, it's all relative. That being said, I went from essentially 450rwhp without the FI, to 574rwhp with a mild tune and Mopar stage 2 injectors, to 607-614rwhp with the advanced tune and Siemens injectors.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.