Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to hear from people that have installed full SRT sized exhaust systems on their 5.7 challengers...this means SRT factory shorty headers, factory mids and an SRT sized cat back(factory or aftermarket).

i'm just looking to see what the seat of the pants feel was or if you dynod it. looking to see if you feel any loss in the low end performance. i just purchased SRT headers and mids and i'm looking for as SRT aftermarket cat back (either MBRP or Corsa). i know there are gains to be had in the upper rpm range, but i really like the way the car throws me in the seat from a stand still and dont want to lose that.

so anything you can share on how the car feels or behaves after installing would be appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have the SRT stock headers on my 5.7L, going into solo mids with hi-flow cats and a Borla ATAK after that, all SRT-sized. I feel that the low end is actually improved a bit, but that coud just be my imagination since the sound is so good.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the SRT stock headers on my 5.7L, going into solo mids with hi-flow cats and a Borla ATAK after that, all SRT-sized. I feel that the low end is actually improved a bit, but that coud just be my imagination since the sound is so good.
thanks for the feedback. is your car tuned?

·
Registered
929 Posts
No, all I've done so far is disable MDS and boost throttle. Trying to tweak the mix but having trouble keep it KNK free.

·
Registered
523 Posts
How much are the 6.4 stack headers?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much are the 6.4 stack headers?
i picked up factory 6.4 SRT shorty's and mids used for $337 shipped to my door from a guy on these forums selling them. brand new they are ridiculous in price from the factory. i remember seeing JUST the SRT shortys for $200 shipped on ebay.

Reactions: pacman2012
1 - 6 of 6 Posts