Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone's put the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on an R/T. 30K mile warranty for a tire that has been spotted on some of the world's great supercars. Yeah yeah 1200 bucks plus, but I paid that for tires on my truck last time too - for Yokohamas.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
After a lot of research, those are the tires I'm going to go with once I get my wheels back from the shop. They look superb. If I end up with them before you, I'll let you know how they perform.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not on a RT, but this past weekend I did have my brother take the car down to the tire shop to have a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports in a 265/35/20 & 285/35/20 installed on my SRT. After returning home from the Chiefs/Broncos game yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised at the aesthetics of the tire together with the ride quality & traction. The tire is hands down a great addition to any challenger. Go for it!
Good Luck!
KW

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a pair of 295/35/20 super sports on the rear and yes they are AWSOME!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to have wider rims than stock right? Does the 35 profile make the tire diameter smaller?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Also not an R/T, but I went with the set that speed factory offers. I have been extremely impressed to say the least! The ones I run are on BBSs' and are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tire sizes:20×9 (255/40ZR20) (standard OEM replacement) 20×10.5 (295/35ZR20) staggered setup. I have had these at 170mph plus and they are extremely stable and the car handles perfectly. I'm now in Germany and will bolt them back on in May for some summer driving on the autobahn! Just shipped the car over here. Now if I could just get the exhaust to past inspection. Oh downside, expensive. However, I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Why the non-stock sizes?

Trying to get more traction at this point. When you start going wider the aspect ratio of the tire becomes smaller. Ideally, I would have preferred a 40 or 45 series tires; however, that's not offered on the PSS with section widths wider than I think a 255 in a 20 inch wheel.

At first I was concerned that going with a lower profile would alter the ride comfort, but after driving it to work this morning the ride feels the same if not better.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You have to have wider rims than stock right? Does the 35 profile make the tire diameter smaller?
I am running stock 20X9 wheels all the way around. The 35 aspect ratio DOES makes the diameter of the tire smaller.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Considering these tires for the summer to come myself.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, ok. So if I go to a 285/35/20 it'll fit in my wheel well without rubbing?
With mine being an SRT and having a totally different suspension, I am a little reluctant to tell you that it would fit. Maybe an R/T owner will chime in.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Not on a RT, but this past weekend I did have my brother take the car down to the tire shop to have a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports in a 265/35/20 & 285/35/20 installed on my SRT. After returning home from the Chiefs/Broncos game yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised at the aesthetics of the tire together with the ride quality & traction. The tire is hands down a great addition to any challenger. Go for it!
Good Luck!
KW
I drove mine on them from Colorado Springs to Vegas for an SRT track day and they ride quality was perfect!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Considering these tires for the summer to come myself.
You might want to check out the Pilot Sport AS3's for year round fun, it gets great reviews and is Y-speed rated (rare for an all-season).

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I ran Super Sports on my SXT for the summer, daily driven hard and AutoX'd many times. Purchased used w/ 3000km on them. Loved them and will use them on just about any car… a lot of people ran them on their cars from A porsche 911 T to a Pontiac G8. awesome tires.

Shifty

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I ran Super Sports on my SXT for the summer, daily driven hard and AutoX'd many times. Purchased used w/ 3000km on them. Loved them and will use them on just about any car… a lot of people ran them on their cars from A porsche 911 T to a Pontiac G8. awesome tires.

Shifty
What ratio ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I should mention that I have the Mopar stage 1 springs installed. I live in Dallas and though it does get below 30 degrees every now and again ( like this weekend ) it doesn't happen often. These are technically a 3-season tire, like the F1's that are on the car now. Wonder how that'll work out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts