Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new tires and Tirerack is showing the original RSAs at $253 each, but the newer RSA2s at $183 each. Everything listed shows them to be a better tire, so why so much cheaper? And worse part, the RSAs according to Tirerack are not available till end of March where the RSA2s are available now. So price and availability I'm thinking of going with the RSA2, just like to know if someone else is running with them and any difference really.

I like the original RSAs, I've driven them in every type of weather without issue, but they are wearing down and with winter setting in finally, I need an all season. Won't take it out in any actual real snow, but it will see slush and I'll get caught at work now and then when it starts to snow, so I need the safety that all seasons provide.

So if you have the RSA2s, like to hear about them. Just seem like a better tire all around, but why so much cheaper? What am I missing?

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Yep, I put on the RSA2's, and really like them. The original RSA's were about shot at 26k.

I've got about 6k on them now, and I feel they are a better tire overall in rain, and in the dry.

Looked at a lot of tires, but I wanted something that could be replaced easily if I damaged one. So many of the "hot" tires that folks talk about here, were back ordered, or just not what I wanted for a good road cruiser.

I would do it again, and I'm totally pleased with them.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
I have the RSA2 on my SRT from the factory. I like them. Good in rain, light snow, handle great in the twisties. Had the RSA on my 09 RT and I would say the 2s are slightly better. Neither are exceptionally sticky for hard launches.
I would buy them again, but there are better all season tires available.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, thanks for the replies. Just seemed strange the RSA2s were so much cheaper. But they are available now and at almost $70 a tire cheaper, if same or even better tire, then I'll go with them. My back tires have the wear bars just starting to show and with winter really setting in, I'd rather get them replaced now instead of trying to get another few thousand out of them. I have state inspection in March and they won't pass inspection, so might as well get them now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I ordered my 2013 SRT8 with the RSA 2's I like them a lot, and it is nice not to have the tire monkeys scratching up my rims and calipers twice a year ;)

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
My car came thru with the RSA2 seems like a good tire had it in the rain and light snow no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts