Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Thursday, I picked up a lightly damaged RV (travel trailer) at COPART in East St. Louis, IL for a customer in Smyrna, TN.

After finalizing the paperwork, I drove around to their larger lot where RV’s and motor homes are separated from cars, pickups, and boats.

After making the right hand turn to the street, I see this FCA Holding Lot, full of Challengers, Chargers, 1500’s, and several HD 2500’s and 3500’s.

Anyone see their ride ? :LOL:
3E33812F-42CD-46CD-97C9-CED2A53464A6.jpeg
EE31ED26-C9B2-4725-B572-8D979D1938B5.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's interesting. I'm right across the river on the St. Louis side and never heard of it. East St. Louis would not be my choice to store new expensive automobiles.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting. I'm right across the river on the St. Louis side and never heard of it. East St. Louis would not be my choice to store new expensive automobiles.
I agree. I had an encounter about 5 or 6 years ago with misinformation from a GPS that put me into a very bad section of East St Louis.....after dark. Essentially, being in a nice RAM 3500 Crew Cab DRW pickup, pulling an enclosed trailer, must have screamed $$$$’s. At one point a few people came into the street I was going down and decided to get in the way. Cruising at 25 mph, they finally did get out of the way. I’d been done and been front page news the next morning, or been on Forensic Files in a couple of years, had I actually stopped.....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,342 Posts

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,435 Posts
Sitting in a holding lot is nothing new. When I ordered my 2009 SRT, it was delivered from Brampton to a holding lot in Detroit. It sat there for almost two weeks, until Bob Frederick called in a favor and had it special delivered to his dealership in Ohio. I guess they wait for a full truckload before they are loaded for final delivery.

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
East St Louis? There a bunch of auto rail yards there. I think my car went thru there on the way from Sterling Heights to Louisiana, or maybe it was St Louis? All the big railroads seem to have a yard in this area.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts