1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Here's the logo, from the t-shirts they were selling at Springfest 9. All proceeds went to the Wounded Warrior Project!

hellcat.jpg

DSC01714.jpg
:werd:

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Old news

It was said that they'd both be rated at 640 but the Hellcat would put that down at the rear tires
Actually not old news.. the 640 is old news but RG saying it'll be more powerful is a quote he just gave HotRod magazine in the past week. :pimp:

so. cannot. wait.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Actually I really don't care about the Hellcat. Should be a nice car and all but not my cup of tea. A year ago I would have been all over getting the Hellcat in my driveway but not now.

Gimme a 392 with a tad bit more power mated to an 8 speed auto and im good........Would also be nice to be a little lighter but that's not gonna happen. Not for a few more years.

The Hellcat should make quite a few people happy though.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Actually I really don't care about the Hellcat. Should be a nice car and all but not my cup of tea. A year ago I would have been all over getting the Hellcat in my driveway but not now.

Gimme a 392 with a tad bit more power mated to an 8 speed auto and im good........Would also be nice to be a little lighter but that's not gonna happen. Not for a few more years.

The Hellcat should make quite a few people happy though.
500hp and an aluminum block to get some weight off the front-end would make a sweet ride for sure.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Is old news, he did that hot rod interview 4 months ago - and it was on the net back then in various places, including here.
I think you're thinking of something else? (because this isn't four months old, this interview is new)

It's in the April 2014 issue of Hot Rod, and in the past week it's been on almost every auto blog out there including Car & Driver, Motor Trend etc.. my guess if it was 4 months old, why would they all be making it news now?

Also online in the Hot Rod website as of March 13, 2014 - Take 5 With Ralph Gilles - Hot Rod Magazine All Pages

some from the interview..

HRM] So horsepower is really important to sales, and you know Ford and Chevy are way ahead of you there.

RG] Horsepower wars have always been part of the battle. It used to be a Big Three thing, now I think it’s a Big Five, Big Six thing with these other OEs…Nissan, even Ferrari, which is already on its own planet, in a way. But usable horsepower is the next big discussion. I like to talk power-to-weight. We have Viper that’s in the top three on horsepower-to-weight ratio, in the TA currently, and that’s what you feel every day. We have a situation where, you know--we may have a situation--where the flagship car is not the most powerful car in our arsenal; how do we explain that to ourselves? So we have an internal horsepower race as well as an external one.

HRM] That’s the closest you’ve been to an admission [that the new Challenger SRT will be supercharged]. A few minutes ago, I told you we did a three-way shootout, and in a mile and a half, the Challenger was slower than the Camaro and the Mustang. You told me, “come back next year.”

RG] Ha…yeah.

HRM] Is that the end of that statement?

RG] Yup.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I think you're thinking of something else? (because this isn't four months old, this interview is new)

It's in the April 2014 issue of Hot Rod, and in the past week it's been on almost every auto blog out there including Car & Driver, Motor Trend etc.. my guess if it was 4 months old, why would they all be making it news now?

Also online in the Hot Rod website as of March 13, 2014 - Take 5 With Ralph Gilles - Hot Rod Magazine All Pages

some from the interview..

HRM] So horsepower is really important to sales, and you know Ford and Chevy are way ahead of you there.

RG] Horsepower wars have always been part of the battle. It used to be a Big Three thing, now I think it’s a Big Five, Big Six thing with these other OEs…Nissan, even Ferrari, which is already on its own planet, in a way. But usable horsepower is the next big discussion. I like to talk power-to-weight. We have Viper that’s in the top three on horsepower-to-weight ratio, in the TA currently, and that’s what you feel every day. We have a situation where, you know--we may have a situation--where the flagship car is not the most powerful car in our arsenal; how do we explain that to ourselves? So we have an internal horsepower race as well as an external one.

HRM] That’s the closest you’ve been to an admission [that the new Challenger SRT will be supercharged]. A few minutes ago, I told you we did a three-way shootout, and in a mile and a half, the Challenger was slower than the Camaro and the Mustang. You told me, “come back next year.”

RG] Ha…yeah.

HRM] Is that the end of that statement?

RG] Yup.
Umm, you do realize that Hot Rod magazine is still primarily print, and it takes a couple of months to put a print magazine out. So Ya, this is old news in the digital age. I mean you say its in the April issue, so either Hot rod time traveled into the future since its only March, or its "Gasp", an April fools joke, or more likely, its the some story that has been floating around for while.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Umm, you do realize that Hot Rod magazine is still primarily print, and it takes a couple of months to put a print magazine out. So Ya, this is old news in the digital age. I mean you say its in the April issue, so either Hot rod time traveled into the future since its only March, or its "Gasp", an April fools joke, or more likely, its the some story that has been floating around for while.
Hate to burst your bubble but with magazines they label them ahead of the time you get them. When my hot rod and motor trend show up in April it'll say its "May issue". Now it could have been online right after the interview happen I don't know. I never saw anything in the forums until I read the article in hot rod about a month ago.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but with magazines they label them ahead of the time you get them. When my hot rod and motor trend show up in April it'll say its "May issue". Now it could have been online right after the interview happen I don't know. I never saw anything in the forums until I read the article in hot rod about a month ago.
So you admit that magazines are labeled months ahead of the actual content. Thanks!:werd:

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Feel free to post the link to where it's been floating around for awhile then. :)

So far all I see is talk about how it's "old" but all the evidence is showing it to be recent within the last few weeks.

Not to mention the fact that Gilles hadn't given an interview or talked about the Hellcat engine back when you're saying he did. C&D tried to get him to talk about in January. He played like he had no idea what Hellcat was etc.

Posted to the Hot Rod website on March 13, 2014 and in April issue of Hot Rod magazine which was printed and shipped at end of Feb so that timeline works perfectly.

Yahoo news posted about it 15 hours ago. - citing the recent Hot Rod article.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/dodge-challenger-hellcat-v8-could-more-powerful-v10-125353625.html

I still think you and TurboAWD are just thinking of a different article, but this new one, is indeed new.

·
Registered
362 Posts
So you admit that magazines are labeled months ahead of the actual content. Thanks!:werd:
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying when you get the issue on March 5th they call it the "April issue". Now it goes online probably a week before or so depending on who it is. I'd not agree with months I'd say probably 3-4 weeks, in that range. It sounds like you're saying this was written back in Dec/Jan time, maybe it was but I don't remember seeing this Giles interview until around the beginning of March that's all.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts