Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the USB drive with the map update I used on my 2015 Charger. It had the 8.4 with unlockable Nav. After I got it unlocked, it was like 4 years out of date, and I found you can get 1 "catch up" update to a recent map, so when you buy something it is at least recent. They sent me the USB drive with the update all tied to my serial number. I don't know how all that voodoo works, but it did.
Anyway, I found the USB Drive, and figured I'd zip it up, and copy the files because I'm a packrat. Then I'll re-use it in the car.
In the file structure, I found the actual bmp files for the car icons, and the Challenger one looks just like what I see in my 2018 Challenger, Red with Black Stripe. I'd love to replace that with Purple, with a SHAKER, and thought it would be cool to replace that one file in my uConnect System. Back in the day I was slightly involved in Carhack, and the RB1 system, with getting the in-motion lockout bypassed. But that wasn't anything encrypted, like this is (I think).

All of the files are in a zip file, and there is a md5 file as well. So maybe edit the zip, correct the MD5, replace those on a firmware "update" you download.
These are the ones there to pick from (RU=Minivan)

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Hellraisin M6
342 Posts
If you can see the files and are able to view the images, that means it's not encrypted. However, the md5 files will pose a problem, as they serve as a "check" to ensure that their matching files are not tampered with. If you change a file, its hash value changes. And if the hash value doesn't match the md5 file, the unit may throw an error and/or lockup.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
The files may be signed, and the unit performs a validation

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can see the files and are able to view the images, that means it's not encrypted. However, the md5 files will pose a problem, as they serve as a "check" to ensure that their matching files are not tampered with. If you change a file, its hash value changes. And if the hash value doesn't match the md5 file, the unit may throw an error and/or lockup.
Right I was thinking (dangerous action) that I check the MD5 for the original file, and make a MD5 for it and compare (verifying I can make a valid MD5), then make a NEW MD5 for the NEW image. Should be good to go, BUT, there is also higher level MD5 files, that might check all the others to see if someone didn't try what I want to do.
I mean, I can change my car to look like a FIAT in uConnect, but I can't make it purple, RRGGHHH.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts