Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I’m sorry but I can’t figure out how to change my profile and I now have a 2017 T/A 5.7 A8

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ok. So to get any real benefit on a 17, you need to buy a cracked PCM as well as a Diablosport tuner. Then you can either use their canned tunes that come with it, or pay a shop to custom tune your car.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,211 Posts
How much did you gain with the superchips gila hemi
No idea, but my butt dyno tells me it made a big difference. Where Superchips shine is they also program parameters for the automatic transmission, and on my Ram, it got rid of all of the lag when accelerating. That's one of the differences between Superchips and Diablo. I'd go with Diablo if I was going to boost my Ram or such.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,285 Posts
I thought the diablo canned tune also modified trans (i.e. shift points...firmness)? You can also tune the ZF TCM via HP tuners but it costs something like 4 additional credits (~$200).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
I’m sorry but I can’t figure out how to change my profile and I now have a 2017 T/A 5.7 A8
Click on your avatar upper right and choose Account Settings> Click on Signature on left> Edit the signature text and click Save

Let me know if any issues and I can help you, or do it for you ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
No idea, but my butt dyno tells me it made a big difference. Where Superchips shine is they also program parameters for the automatic transmission, and on my Ram, it got rid of all of the lag when accelerating. That's one of the differences between Superchips and Diablo. I'd go with Diablo if I was going to boost my Ram or such.
I thought these were "snake oil"

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I thought these were "snake oil"
Not at all. Many parameters can be changed, and of course it reads and clears engine codes. My Ram is a 3/4 ton 2004, and at the time, Superchips was the best option.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks AGUY

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Superchips offers no tuners for challengers.diablo does but it’s big money for small gain.now can someone give me the hp tune in a nutshell

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,285 Posts
HP tuners has no canned tunes but gives you full control of the tune. For example, if you have done a cam swap you can tune the engine yourself whereas with diablo you are SOL and need to get a pro tuner with CMR to develop the tune for you. It can read a diablo canned tune which you can copy and load without having a tuner married to your vehicle. Plus it can be used for literally on any vehicle chevy, ford, nissan...just need to buy credits. HP is great for the DIYer but requires a laptop to use. I made the switch to HP from diablo and never looked back. Steep learning curve but it just kicks dupah!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
How do you access this do you buy it

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Messing with an HP tune is a quick way to destroy an engine for the uninitiated...

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,285 Posts
How do you access this do you buy it
Yes, I bought HP tuners and used it to read the changes diablo's canned tunes implemented but most of the knowledge on how to use HP comes from reading posts on their forum. The Tuning School has a general course which gives noobs a nice intro but it's not enough info to do advanced tuning like tuning a big lopey cam.

Messing with an HP tune is a quick way to destroy an engine for the uninitiated...
Oh yeah, you can destroy a mill real quick if you F'up the PE tables. You truly need to understand what you are doing to use it. More importantly you need to double check your changes. It is quite easy to accidentally modify numbers like multiplying by 0.5 instead of 1.5 to increase fueling by 50%. This is why I always use an excel table to make sure my AFR adders are modified correctly.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts