Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anyone upgraded the SE sound system?

1062 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  EliteTechneek
Has anyone changed out the standard SE audio controls for an aftermarket touch screen one, and has anyone upgraded the speakers in the car? How did this go?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Check my build logs lol

· Registered
27 Posts
one of the first upgrades i performed was swapping out the base radio for the OEM mygig NAV (RER unit)- everything was plug and play which was nice. i added a backup camera (via license plate frame) with lockpick, and also a standalone microphone for voice commands and bluetooth calling. it also has integrated autodimming. its worked great (w/ usb and 30gig hdd) and was reasonably priced on ebay. though i think theyre using new units in the 2011+ cars

re: the speakers, i swapped out the paper cones as well (they were horrible). i ended up going with the kicker upgrade speakers. While there was noticeably better sound, i'd recommend an amp and sub for some high performance audio. i do remember the door panels being a pain in the ass to remove

theres some great threads around here with all of the part numbers and instructions

· Registered
362 Posts
I added a 12" pioneer sub and a 1400 watt amp. I do need to upgrade the interior speakers soon. I can hear them Dying everytime the bass hits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.