Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed out the standard SE audio controls for an aftermarket touch screen one, and has anyone upgraded the speakers in the car? How did this go?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Check my build logs lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
one of the first upgrades i performed was swapping out the base radio for the OEM mygig NAV (RER unit)- everything was plug and play which was nice. i added a backup camera (via license plate frame) with lockpick, and also a standalone microphone for voice commands and bluetooth calling. it also has integrated autodimming. its worked great (w/ usb and 30gig hdd) and was reasonably priced on ebay. though i think theyre using new units in the 2011+ cars

re: the speakers, i swapped out the paper cones as well (they were horrible). i ended up going with the kicker upgrade speakers. While there was noticeably better sound, i'd recommend an amp and sub for some high performance audio. i do remember the door panels being a pain in the ass to remove

theres some great threads around here with all of the part numbers and instructions

·
Registered
338 Posts
I added a 12" pioneer sub and a 1400 watt amp. I do need to upgrade the interior speakers soon. I can hear them Dying everytime the bass hits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts