Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use or like the Auto Stick Feature, I just started using it and like it. My '09 does upshift automatically as the manual says, and it does give more control. Will driving it in the higher RPMs damage anything????

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wonder why it gets such a bad rap?

I use it regularly and thoroughly enjoy it, seems to hold each gear well all the way up to redline, and it's response to inputs doesn't appear to be unacceptable.

I have this tranny in both our 2010 Challenger SRT and our 2011 Charger R/T.

I sometimes wonder why most of the automotive press takes every opportunity to bad-mouth this transmission since it certainly doesn't seem to deserve the amount of venom it receives.

I have had significantly worse trannys than this, including in my Trans Am and my Silverado that I currently have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use mine as well. I reall like this trans as well but wish it would upshift a little sooner when you smack the shifter.

I have held the shifter and found the limiter too so I try not to do that anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love it, its almost like driving a totally different car. My '09 is an SRT, my buddy has an '08 SRT his will not auto upshift. Have you been able to get a little rubber when upshifting from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th,etc?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I love it, its almost like driving a totally different car. My '09 is an SRT, my buddy has an '08 SRT his will not auto upshift. Have you been able to get a little rubber when upshifting from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th,etc?
Yea, it definitely "Chirps" 2nd and since supercharging I may be able to do 3rd as well. (Haven't tried it yet)

The Predator gives the option to turn off auto shifting in this mode and I think that would be dangerous. It does hold it to redline though and it definitely puts a smile on my face everytime I use it!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
The Predator only gives you the option to turn off the auto up-shift on 08's and older.
Good to know. I read it in my manual but never even looked to see if it was an available option. (I have an '09)

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Autostick ROCKS !!!! nuff said

·
Registered
887 Posts
But '08's don't auto upshift......
The 08's do automatically upshift.

When in AutoStick: As you approach the shift point, the computer automatically upshifts to the next gear.

The Predator will allow your to "disable auto up-shift," but only on 08's and older.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought when I read my friends manual it said it said it would not auto upshift I will dbl ck today I know the 09's and 10's do

·
Registered
772 Posts
No the '09, '10 TCM will not allow Disabling Auto Upshift, with the predator It will only work on the '08.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts