Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into added heated seats. Aftermarket seem easier and cheaper than using the OEM harnesses/modules plus I would have to get the sales code updated which I hear is impossible nowadays. So I was wondering if anyone has ever hooked up aftermarket heating pads but still used the OEM switches. I know I need a new radio bezel and stuff and I know where to find the switches. I found the wiring diagram for the switch (attached). I'm not sure what the seat sensor and panel lamps pins are for and if the switch would work without them. Looking for some insight, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would like to do the same thing and have spent alot of time researching it. In the end, I think it's more trouble than it's worth to add OEM. I found this setup on Amazon that looks very OEM and will probably go with this soon. Only downer is the switches are not backlit but they look good and would blend in if mounted in the stock location.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I will tell you that adding the sales code is NOT needed. I did this to my Ram 1500 and the sales code would add the controls to the radio display only. The system is a CAN bus that sends whatever signals it needs via the factory switch to turn the heaters on. The hard part is finding the OEM parts and harness - for the truck, the harness was already there and just needed to plug everything in, replace the console switch and done. The heating modules were all apart of the seat.

All that said, it's super easy to add aftermarket heaters and you place the switches anywhere you desire and they are BETTER than OEM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts