Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one of the Mopar covers as part of the interior appearance pkg. I can't imagine ever using it. If I decide to sell it, I'll list it in the classifieds, but I was wondering if/when/how people use these things. Looks like it would be a lot of trouble putting on and taking off..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't use the one that came with the car because I heard they aren't waterproof. I bought another one of similar make, but multi-layered and waterproof with a soft lining. I use it all the time when I leave the Challenger in the driveway and drive the truck to work. The Texas sun can be brutal so I'm trying to keep it from being eaten up by solar activity and bird offerings. The first time stretching it over the car is a bit cumbersome, but after a couple of times, it's like throwing a sheet over a motorcycle.
Pretty easy.
Helps keep the car a little cleaner, too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use it on ocassion, specifically when I drove to the beach for a weekend. Didnt want sand blowing at it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I bought one when we were selling our house so lookers would not mess with the car. It is easy to install and remove if you do it in a sequence or pattern. The first time to install it may be a little cumbersome. After that use a "system". I would fold the ends up over the top.(Hood and trunk) Then flip over the sides so the bottom of the cover meets in the middle on the top of the car. Then -like a flag fold it over in about 1-2 foot sections from front to back. Then when you have a roll over the trunk, fold that in half and then I slip it in a large plastic drum liner and place it neatly in the trunk. Next time you get it out you just lay it on the deck lid and unfold it the same way you took it off. No sliding it around on the painted surfaces. This "sequence" works great for me. You can do it by your self but another helper makes it go alot faster and a little bit neater.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I always use a car cover when my Challenger is parked in the garage.

·
Registered
585 Posts
didn't get one with so bought one waterproof custom fit blue, don't use it alot but when conditions, rain, dust, birdshiite alert or just extended time out of garage I throw it on. Once you get a techique down, putting it on is simples :thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Same here when its parked in the garage the cover goes on it keeps the dust off. I have a cheap autozone cover for traveling the MOPAR cover is alot easier to put on.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, thanks for the quick feedback. I had an el cheapo cover I used when I had a '68 Chevelle; that car was black cherry and it showed every bit of dust, just like a black one. The thing is that car was at best a weekend driver so keeping it covered made sense. This Challenger will be taken out probably daily. I'm retired, but still like going out for breakfast most mornings.

I'll see what they're going for and list it in the classifieds. Thanks, folks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Late to the party

I'm joining this thread a little late but I use mine when I have to leave my car at one of the airport parking lots. It softens the impact of wayward doors and hopefully avoid some scratches that otherwise might occur.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm joining this thread a little late but I use mine when I have to leave my car at one of the airport parking lots. It softens the impact of wayward doors and hopefully avoid some scratches that otherwise might occur.
Never thought of that one. I guess the fact it's a custom cover makes it pretty useless for anyone to steal, unless they had a Challenger, and we know Challenger owners are honest to a fault.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I don't have a garage anymore (converted to a bedroom) so I use a $300 Covercraft Weathershield-HP car cover. It has a light breathable fabric. After two years, my car still looks showroom new.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
List it For Sale on here. You will sell it in a hurry.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I need to sell mine, how much are they new? Specifically the Mopar cover with Challenger on the front.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Yup i use mine

But I buy the cheap $30 ones on ebay, they do the exact same thing as the $200 ones.

But I store my cars inside so if you store outside you might want to invest in a higher dollar one.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
395 Posts
Mine stays covered in the garage. Keeps the side from getting scratched by people walking through since we use that as the primary entrance to the house.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes mine stay on all winter in the garage keeps off the dust and protection if something comes close. I take them to the laundramat once a year....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts