Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tuner wants me to get a bigger pump to be safe with the blower. He suggested a walbro, ik the 450 needs some modifying of the basket to work but has anyone ran the 400? If the 400 is more of a drop in I'll definitely go for that since I don't plan on any e85 anyway.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392 Jazz Blue M6 ProCharger Barton shifter
32 Posts
ProCharger I just got comes with 400 and you have to trim locking tabs and then cover for it (2015). Have instructions with pics for that portion of you want to take a look. For 2015+ but sure it's close.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ProCharger I just got comes with 400 and you have to trim locking tabs and then cover for it (2015). Have instructions with pics for that portion of you want to take a look. For 2015+ but sure it's close.
yea if u could pls, i saw some threads of other people doing it but none were that clear. I think all years have the fuel pump setup with the 392 just having a slightly better pump

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392 Jazz Blue M6 ProCharger Barton shifter
32 Posts
yea if u could pls, i saw some threads of other people doing it but none were that clear. I think all years have the fuel pump setup with the 392 just having a slightly better pump

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up cancelling an order on a walbro 400 cuz it went on backorder. Ordered an A2speed single pump setup. Noticed the procharger kit includes other pieces so that made me worry about messing up the install rigging something up myself.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
182 Posts
i have Maggie and A2speed single pump. no issue so far after 15K miles. one thing i noticed is that i can hear the pump at 1/4 tank so i always fill up whenever i can or at 3/8 tank.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have Maggie and A2speed single pump. no issue so far after 15K miles. one thing i noticed is that i can hear the pump at 1/4 tank so i always fill up whenever i can or at 3/8 tank.
Out of curiosity, what's your build? 6 or 8psi? Any supporting mods?

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
182 Posts
6 psi, stock except hellcat exhaust manifold/mids + flowmaster catback.

i dont have gauges installed in the car yet and the AEM gauges i've purchased has been sitting in the garage for over 1 a year. i remember asking my tuner what's the max boost and he said it peaked at 7.8 psi. this is the reason im hesitant to slap a smaller pulley.

Out of curiosity, what's your build? 6 or 8psi? Any supporting mods?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugh just found out A2speed closed down so looks like i won't be getting that fuel pump. Any suggestions on other options?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts
That is the same fuel hat system that came with my magnuson kit from Arrington. BTW if you are going to replace the pump either rent or buy the tool for the tank lock ring...don't use a chisel.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the same fuel hat system that came with my magnuson kit from Arrington. BTW if you are going to replace the pump either rent or buy the tool for the tank lock ring...don't use a chisel.
Arrington uses the A2speed too? I see they sell one very similar with the API name on it. And that tool, is it something universal they'd have at AutoZone? Gas tanks are one of the only things I've never messed with

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,795 Posts
Kinda surprised they don't say a brass punch. Maybe not an issue taking it off but there are quite a bit of fumes in the car when the fuel hat has been off for a while doing the pump swap. Using a metal punch that can spark is not a good idea. Now I have never seen or heard anyone igniting the fumes while using a steel punch but I don't every want to either.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a little update, blowers in and car runs great. Only question I have is I have one 30mm long bolt left over that is identical to the manifold bolts just shorter. What is this for? In the instructions it says not to forget about the 30mm bolt under the blower snout? There was one bolt that had the head facing down which I noticed was loose but no extra holes for this bolt.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts
I'm running the Fore Innovations duel pump return system which I believe uses Walboro pumps.

Reactions: JD40

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm running the Fore Innovations duel pump return system which I believe uses Walboro pumps.
Gotcha, I already got the pump figured out but just figured I'd give an update and ask a question in here without opening a new thread. Any idea about the bolt in my recent post?

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts
Gotcha, I already got the pump figured out but just figured I'd give an update and ask a question in here without opening a new thread. Any idea about the bolt in my recent post?
I would have had to have been there for the build to figure out the bolt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts