Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this stuff is considered "old school" by many, it does seem to get a lot of really good reviews. I think it may have been re-formulated as well. Anyone here currently using this stuff? What do you think? How long does it last? Saw it on Amazon with a full 5 star rating with over 1,000 reviews. Never seen that kind of review support. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
I used it a few years ago on my previous Challenger. Worked good, had one of the best shines of all the waxes/polishes I've used in my life. It does take a bit of work but not bad. Being how I'm tired of sweating where I live, I've gotten lazy and have been using ICE spray since then since it's the least effort product I've ever used. But I do give the Liquid Glass a thumbs up. Can't be found in as many stores as before though. You also might consider Evershinewax.com. CT member Swiftjr has used it and won everything car show wise. In fact I have some that I use during the cooler week or two we have every year here. I have ordered two or three times from them with no complaints.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mjb4450 thanks for the reply. I read the reviews on Evershine. It too seems like a product worth trying. My only hesitation at this point with either is that I have really come to appreciate the "Carnuba Glow" appearance I now have on my black challenger. I think black also displays this characteristic the best. I suppose I would have to give that feature up with either of the 2 products mentioned above. What are your thoughts on this? Do Liquid Glass and Evershine provide a more "synthetic" shine? You know, like plastic, or hard candy...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more question: How long did the Liquid Glass last? Significantly longer than "wax", or about the same?

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I've been using LG for decades! LOL

IMO, best "shine" out there, and easy on/off. Not a daily driver, so 4 coats lasts me around 1 1/2 years before it needs a couple of coats.

To me, it's a very clear shine/reflection.....it just amplifies what your finish looks like underneath it. A well prepped finish = an outstanding shine with LG.

Just follow the directions. It works!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Hey mjb4450 thanks for the reply. I read the reviews on Evershine. It too seems like a product worth trying. My only hesitation at this point with either is that I have really come to appreciate the "Carnuba Glow" appearance I now have on my black challenger. I think black also displays this characteristic the best. I suppose I would have to give that feature up with either of the 2 products mentioned above. What are your thoughts on this? Do Liquid Glass and Evershine provide a more "synthetic" shine? You know, like plastic, or hard candy...
Sounds to me like LG would be best for you. It does require several coats to get that deep hard candy shine but it will last longer than the Evershine. They're two completely different chemicals and approaches so for the old school deep shine I'd go old school product. Might read the instructions completely before purchase. There might be special instructions for black. I've seen that somewhere but can't remember which one.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I used it in my trunk and underhood areas where there's no glossy clear to get those areas to gloss more. It took several coats, but it helped. On the exterior paint, I use the 3 step Meguiar's Deep Chrystal system.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,235 Posts
Sounds to me like LG would be best for you. It does require several coats to get that deep hard candy shine but it will last longer than the Evershine. They're two completely different chemicals and approaches so for the old school deep shine I'd go old school product. Might read the instructions completely before purchase. There might be special instructions for black. I've seen that somewhere but can't remember which one.
SRT8 Pilot: I have not used Liquid Glass, but I have researched it. mjb4450 gives a good description: "deep hard candy shine". That is what I've seen on cars with it.

You mention however you like the "Carnuba Glow" appearance. I'm going to infer your description is similar to the "deep wet look" us black challenger owners strive for. If I'm correct, then I would suggest Collinite #476. It is a "double wax" Carnauba paste. I'm currently using it. I've got two coats that I applied in March and haven't waxed since. I do top it off with Menzerna's Endless Shine after I wash it. Regardless, October is my 8th month and my beading/sheeting is still going strong.

The Collinite will give you both the "deep wet" look of Carnauba wax and the protection of a sealant, all in one application. Plus, the combination of the Collinite #476 and a top coat makes the removal of bird poo baked into the paint for 3 hours quick and easy, with no etching...

I have used the Evershine product and strongly recommend it. I went away from it to try other products that my favorite detail supply store carries (Autoality.com) but since they've recently dropped Menzerna Endless Shine, I may go back. With both, you have to be a bit careful about streaking, but as I've gained experience these past couple of years, I've discovered if you follow your application with quick hand buffing with a tight nap microfiber, or even a waffle weave, you can get rid of the streaks without leaving lint marks behind.

Evershine is an easy product to use. Here's the website: Evershine Wax. If you look at the cars under the Testimonial tab, you will like what you see.

Attachments

Reactions: A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Always win with a fine looking dog in the picture! That is one tough car, IF I were a Steeler fan I would copy it!!!
Lucky you. Hahaha. Gets me thinking about the possibilities of a contusion blue with orange....... Make a serious Bears car. Good job!!!

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
To my eyes, the "shine" of the LG never looks thick or plastic looking, regardless of the number of coats. It just has a super high reflection/shine to it.

Over the years, folks have always commented on my various cars........................"What wax are you using to get that shine?" I've tried several over the years, but always end up going back to LG, as I just like what it does, and how it looks.

On dark colors, you sometimes get some "streaking" after the first coat. The second coat removes the streaks. You do want your paint prepped well, as LG doesn't remove swirls etc. They will show more than ever under several coats of LG.

Do the proper paint prep, and LG is amazing stuff IMO. :)

Reactions: Depraved Dave
1 - 11 of 11 Posts