Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Speedlogix Front Strut Tower Brace today and plan on using the factory covers for a while.
I was looking for pics of the trimming needed to get an idea.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Very difficult to trim the stock cover to fit angles. Just ended up with a straight cut.

Reactions: billybear

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very difficult to trim the stock cover to fit angles. Just ended up with a straight cut.
This is true. I used a Dremel with a sanding barrel and slowly carved away until I got the fit I wanted. It almost "hooks" around the back side of the brace. Hard to see in this pic. If you mess it up just buy another for $14. Don't ask how I know the price:icon_biggrin:

Reactions: billybear

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is true. I used a Dremel with a sanding barrel and slowly carved away until I got the fit I wanted. It almost "hooks" around the back side of the brace. Hard to see in this pic. If you mess it up just buy another for $14. Don't ask how I know the price:icon_biggrin:
Started to whittle on it with the Dremel.
btw nice ride

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses. I will try to get them done by this weekend.
Y'all did great on yours, hope mine turn out as well as them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Billy, It is a piece of cake. Just take your time and cut a little bit at a time and check it as you go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I used a yellow highlighter to mark areas where I want to take more or less when I would check my fit so I wasn't guessing so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.