Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anyone using the 100 octane fuel from Rebel?

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  HEMImania 
#1 ·
Here in the Las Vegas area, some Rebel gas stations offer 100 octane gas labeled "Race Fuel". Has anyone been using it? What are your thoughts?
Is this "Racing Fuel" unleaded? Are there any concerns with O2 sensors or catalytic converters? Is it worth the outrageous price?

#2 ·
Race fuel is great for certain situations. For regular street driving on the stock tune it's likely a waste of money. If you take your car to the track and plan to beat on it a bit, then it'd probably help.

You need to research the fuel and make sure it is unleaded. If it's leaded it will ruin your O2 sensors and cats with prolonged use.

I've run my car at the track quite a bit and found that 95-96 octane is the ticket. This results in 0 degrees of knock retard and provides great power. Straight pump gas will knock a little now and then under certain conditions. I once mixed in too much race fuel and ended up with an overall octane of about 99 and the car slowed down a little.

If you want to try it, make sure it's unleaded, and then I'd only run 2 gallons or so to a 1/2 tank of 91 or 93 pump gas. You would likely see a small benefit as the stock tune still shows a little knock retard even on 93 premium, but it'd likely be unnoticeable unless you really got on it a lot. For normal driving it will run the same.

Just my two cents.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks yet again, Guy. You are a fountain of knowledge. I found some ARCO 100 Octane I will try at the drag strip this fall. Looking for a custom DiabloSport 95 and/or 100 octane tune in the meantime...

Attachments

#6 ·
Am I reading that price right? Almost $8.00 a gallon? Could be a pricey fill up.

#7 ·
Yep it would be hella expansive for a full tank but I’ll start with a canned DiabloSport 93 Octane “Diablo” tune and mix 7.4 gallons of 91 with 2.1 gallons of 100 to make a half tank of 93 thanks to this handy octane mixing calculator:

http://www.bazellracefuels.com/Calcs/OC1.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.