Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have put down $100 on an allocated 392 at a dealer near me. I have been to the showroom about 5 times over the last 6 months waiting for the 2011. I was told I might have delivery for Christmas, but that date came and went.

The dealer has not called me. They won't process my credit app "in case the car doesn't get here for another 30 days." They have no idea when the car will be delivered. RS sent me info showing it's due to arrive today in their showroom and they can't confirm. They want to charge me hundreds of dollars more than I agreed and signed for because "price was for financing through the dealer," but the dealer won't offer me the 1.9% rate and I was quoted by my credit union for 2.9%.

They seem so unconcerned about my purchase and were snotty when I implied they don't seem to anxious to sell me the car, "what did you want us to call you every week and say we still don't know anything?" It's been more than 6 weeks since I signed!

Do I have the word "*******" on my forehead? I hate cars and dealers and service shops.

Please say something to put me in a better mood and offer to ship me a DWB IE 392 ASAP for a competitive price. I'll provide contact info to anyone who messages me! I have to trade in my current '07 Mustang so I don't know how that plays into it. I don't want to drive the Mustang 1000 miles away and then get an offer thousands of dollars less than market value.

Any help or advice is welcome, or just talk me off the ledge.

Thanks
DeepWater

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
DW they have one here in New Orleans if you want it send me a PM. They have already sold three in the last 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
there will be some left come spring/summer

they still PCP's left from last spring and they only made 500 of them (i think)....i thought the PCP would sell out that day...

the IE's wont sell out(i think)...if they do oh well, get a green one

i wouldnt pay jacked up prices in the middle of winter...no way..they should be begging you to buy..look into ebay

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
having them at dealer ships would be big news...they arent there yet ill bet...especially not 3

they will still be arriving at dealerships come April 1st...some may be delivered after the 2012's come out...some Mopar 10's just got delivered a couple of weeks ago

·
Banned
7,159 Posts

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Goehner. Is the numbering process "real time" or the fiasco that was the 2008 editions? Man, if I could only swing the note.......

Jack

·
Premium Member
698 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics Goehner. Is the numbering process "real time" or the fiasco that was the 2008 editions? Man, if I could only swing the note.......

Jack
Somebody called the place putting the numbers on. It's kind of a random drawing out of a hat approach. :notallthere:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts