Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this concern in an old thread in another section but haven't received a response. I wish to resolve it this weekend by either returning or installing the kit:

I received the pedal kit yesterday & immediately noticed that the finish on the gas & brake pedals seems to be slightly different. The gas pedal appears to have a more brushed finish while the brake pedal seems have a more shiny finish.

The black circles (grommets?) that protrude from the pedals are higher on the brake pedal than on the gas pedal.

I also noticed that the gas pedal has a hard plastic back, while the brake pedal has a soft rubber back.

Additionally, only the gas pedal has the Mopar logo & part number, while the brake pedal doesn't have anything.

Is there an issue with my purchase or is this simply the way they're made? :scratchhead:

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I went out and looked at the ones that came with mine as part of the mopar int. group and the back of the brake peddel does feel like rubber and the gas is hard plastic. From the drivers seat I don't see that it says mopar on them. Hope that helps.
Rick

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went out and looked at the ones that came with mine as part of the mopar int. group and the back of the brake peddel does feel like rubber and the gas is hard plastic. From the drivers seat I don't see that it says mopar on them. Hope that helps.
Rick
I appreciate you checking. I'm referring to the Mopar logo on the back of the pedal, visible prior to being installed. I would think if they're genuine Mopar parts, both pedals should have it.

I simply wish to confirm these points, to find out if there was an error with the order & know how to proceed.

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
The reason the backing is different on the gas and brake pedals is because of their installation. The racing gas pedal snaps on over the existing gas pedal, while the racing gas pedal replaces the OEM rubber brake pedal. (Tip: Soak the brake pedal in hot sudsy water before trying to install it. It makes the job go much easier and faster).

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason the backing is different on the gas and brake pedals is because of their installation. The racing gas pedal snaps on over the existing gas pedal, while the racing gas pedal replaces the OEM rubber brake pedal. (Tip: Soak the brake pedal in hot sudsy water before trying to install it. It makes the job go much easier and faster).
Does the brake pedal not have the Mopar logo or any other writing on the back?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you install em or return em? I m expecting mine monday will let you know what I get

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you install em or return em? I m expecting mine monday will let you know what I get
I kept them. After a good cleaning they look the same. I was also assured by the seller, who is very reputable, that they're the same pedals used on the 392. All I can say is they look awesome. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I kept them. After a good cleaning they look the same. I was also assured by the seller, who is very reputable, that they're the same pedals used on the 392. All I can say is they look awesome. :bigthumb:

so easy install then great love Mopar and Dodge because they always offer trickin out parts lol and lots of them

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so easy install then great love Mopar and Dodge because they always offer trickin out parts lol and lots of them
The gas pedal snapped in over the factory pedal.
I put the brake pedal in a zip-lock sandwich bag & dropped it into a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes to soften the rubber. I then removed the factory pedal using a small butter knife & installed the new one with the knife too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just bought these and took pics in case anyone needs them in the future.

Mopar Pedal Kit PN# 82211154

Gas Back

Brake Back

E Brake Cover Mercedes PN# 203-430-00-84

E Brake Back

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyone have any pics of them installed? I just received mine but haven't had a chance to install them. It's great that Mopar gives us all these cool parts that are easy to install!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
here is a pic of the kit installed

·
Registered
174 Posts

Glad they came out nice - sometimes I wonder if an item like this is slightly different only so they look identical whenever viewed from the angle which they're installed? Not sure, just wondering aloud.

Definitely a worthy mod. Mine came with the these pedalss and I didn't think much about them but everyone who's checked out the car immediately noticed the pedals.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bloody Good Look

Got my Mopar break and gas pedal kit today. As other viewers stated, the break pad back rubber is a pain to install. I heated up with water and soaped the pad as others have done. I put the bottom and sides on first and worked the top flap with a small thin flat head screwdriver to get it to finally started over one top corner. Then the other corner with the same method. Then continued to work it down to top side with my fingers/screwdriver and pulling the flap over the top of the metal break frame. After I finished the install, I thought I saw rust from the water on the pedal. At a closer look realized it was my on blood form the little cuts on my fingers. The pedals look great, but I would not want to do that ever again. Took about 45 minutes to finally get the break pad on. The gas pedal took less than a minute to snap on.

Worth the pain and glad I put them on!

Reactions: pdx.challenger
1 - 15 of 15 Posts