Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love my forged aluminum wheels on my 2010 Classic R/T. The bad news is that they are only 8" wide, and 245 is the widest/safest tire to go with these. I'm very tempted to go 275 in the rear but I've heard that you can have uneven wear problems stuffing a tire that wide on an 8" rim.

I know a shop that can widen my Heritage wheels to something wider, say 9.5 or something. Has ANYONE done this, and if so please post pics.

Part of me doesn't want to potentially ruin my wheels by trying to get them widened.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Jay is that place in omaha? I am curious how much they charge. I had thought about having mine done

sent from mobile device

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay is that place in omaha? I am curious how much they charge. I had thought about having mine done

sent from mobile device
Yeah they are a really good independent shop here in town. They redid my wheels when Discount Tire scratched them all up when they replaced my tires. Here's the wheel place's website:

Wheel Tech | Complete wheel remanufacturing and refinishing

They are 8.5 so I read... EVERYONE puts 275 with no issue. and guys have put as high as 305 without any issues

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
From all the searching I've done I understand they are 8" wide, and the SRT Alcoa 20s are 9" wide. Are you sure they are 8.5"? Where did you get this information.

Heck if I KNEW for sure that 275 would fit in the rears only for my Heritage wheels I would not need to pay the money to get them widened. 275 is fine for me.

Thanks Mr. Rucker

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are 8".
BOOOO DODGE for making an awesome wheel that skinny!
Some people have run 275/40s in the rear with no wear or handling problems. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you drive hard don't do it. Your life is worth more than 20mm of tire.
None of the tires shop I talked to said there is any SAFETY issue. They said that there will be a slight bulge which some like, some don't. I have also PMed some people who run 275s on their Heritage rims with no problems. Find me proof of this extra 20mm taking peoples lives or blowing out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts