Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has any removed there two mode suspension and installed straight coil overs ( non dual mode )? Can we just unplug the stock shocks remove them and install the coilovers?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the tip.. I'm hoping I can just unplug all the old shocks, install the mopar coilovers and not throw any codes... But don't want to make a $2k guess.. Hoping someone has done this already??

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
yes this is in the works and will be most likely a mid june install
i was told on CT in another thread that if you unplug all four wires at each struts it does not throw any codes; of course doing this partially creates something....

i will try this week-end and revert;

i am doing the swap anyway; can't have a code throw me off, but again i am also tossing the warranty so i am not the most behaved

if you are serious about taking your car through HPDE 3,4 and TT it is must for the bricks that we drive

all it does it actuates a solenoid that pumps more air in the strut to control rebound and compression to its max compensating for the lousy stock coils

called also EIBACH and confirmed they were no issues removing stock struts on the SRT if that makes you feel better

anyway, will revert on this thread

Cheers

ODP

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes this is in the works and will be most likely a mid june install
i was told on CT in another thread that if you unplug all four wires at each struts it does not throw any codes; of course doing this partially creates something....

i will try this week-end and revert;

i am doing the swap anyway; can't have a code throw me off, but again i am also tossing the warranty so i am not the most behaved

if you are serious about taking your car through HPDE 3,4 and TT it is must for the bricks that we drive

all it does it actuates a solenoid that pumps more air in the strut to control rebound and compression to its max compensating for the lousy stock coils

called also EIBACH and confirmed they were no issues removing stock struts on the SRT if that makes you feel better

anyway, will revert on this thread

Cheers

ODP

Fantastic... Thats the news I was hoping to hear.. Yes.. the Mopar Coilovers and considered the Mopar Stage 2 I believe... They are repackaged KW Variant 1 shocks in mopar color coils and stainless shock bodies.. very nice setup!

O-Racing.. please check back in to this thread and let us know if it works or not! thanks! +

btw: what did you mean by "of course doing this partially creates something...."?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
"""of course doing this partially creates something..""""

sorry i meant by unplugging only one strut or 2 instead of the 4 done simultaneously will show some kind of errors....will take a pix of the evic/screen if there is anything fun to look at

the R2 are killing my budget but KW is more like a lowering spring than a comp/track oriented spring; plus once installed u cannot reset the height on the rear unless you take it apart again

i called KW today and there are no rating on these coils because they are progressive coils

u gotta pay to play

darn!

ODP

PS: i am subscribed to this thread so i will check right back in it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts