Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my long Route 66 drive this year, I'd like to add a spare tire to my car. As my car has the harman/kardon sound system, my spare tire well is full of subwoofer. So, I need to find a place for a jack and spare. I'd rather not just have them rattling around in the back if I'm having some onramp fun.

Has anyone added a spare? How did you make it work?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
For my long Route 66 drive this year, I'd like to add a spare tire to my car. As my car has the harman/kardon sound system, my spare tire well is full of subwoofer. So, I need to find a place for a jack and spare. I'd rather not just have them rattling around in the back if I'm having some onramp fun.

Has anyone added a spare? How did you make it work?
If you do sudden braking, it might even come to the front to say hi!

·
Registered
744 Posts
The sub is easily removable.Put the spare there and make an extension harness for the sub and velcro it to the trunk carpet.The rough part of the velcro sticks to our trunk carpet like crazy.Good luck with your trip.I would love to do that.I don't have the time or money.I collect Route 66 type stuff,petroliana,etc.Here is a pic of my backyard garage with my old Challenger.I have a 2015 Sublime R/T now.I need to take a new picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
A friend of mine actually rigged up a mount that sits inside the trunk, above the subs. I'll get some pictures next time I see him.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,871 Posts
A friend of mine actually rigged up a mount that sits inside the trunk, above the subs. I'll get some pictures next time I see him.
I think a number here would like to see that ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive. From my buddy:

Spacer bolted to underside, punched the factory all thread through the cover and half ass secured with factory spin nut. It doesn't move. Jack and other shit in the dodge bag. All parts I kept from my r/t before trade in. 3" spacer from adaptitusa. Pic makes it look like it fills the trunk, but there is still plenty of room in there, for me anyway..

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive. From my buddy:

that's sure sweet, shouldn't effect the sound from the subs as not directly above them. very, very nice & the dodge bag is sweet as well with the yellow slants, would love to know where he got that as have a yj & would look great at car shows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts