Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've seen discussions, ads and pictures for "rear control arm" suspension modifications. From what I read, it is primarily to stop "wheel hop" but beyond that I'm really not sure. Unless, you buy an adjustable piece, I'm having trouble understanding the engineering benefit of swapping a stock piece for an after market with the same dimensions?

I have a 15 SPS with a front and rear tower brace and an Eibach front sway bar. I'm a "spirited driver" and do no track time or race. I like a tight feel (I'm a recovering BMW enthusiast) for corners and (as much as possible) want a solid, quiet body with no creaks, pops or other noises. I'm happy with the engine power and always on the look out for any (meaningful) suspension mods.

Anything to be gained with a rear control arm?

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
304 Posts
I put the BMR on-car adjustable ones on mine for alignment purposes on my lowered Scat. They do creak so I would stay stock if that's important. I did all 3 arms at once, plus cradle lockout bushings for better launches at strip.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shak3r-

Now THAT is a cool set up! You have done some great work and thanks for the pointers.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
288 Posts
There's an aftermarket rear control arm that allows you to adjust the rear camber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts