Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I wash my car I’ll dry the car and the water comes out the taillights and runs down bumper

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks have you done this.nothing worse than drying the whole car off and getting home to find the back bumper with sand stuck to it

My last challenger did the same thing it’s worth a shot

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
I drilled small holes in the bottom of my taillights and it really didn't do any good. I saw water running out of one of the plugs on the trunk lid so I removed those as well. Just trying everything but not helping. I finally get it dried but then drive the car and there is water still running out down the bumper. It's a nightmare.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,921 Posts
Since the trunk seal doesn't go all the way to the edges of the trunk lid the water could be coming from under the trunk lid on the outside of the seal and running down by the tail lights. Try opening the trunk while drying the car and see if water is under there. If there is, when you start driving it will run back and out by the tail lights and down the rear bumper. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Since the trunk seal doesn't go all the way to the edges of the trunk lid the water could be coming from under the trunk lid on the outside of the seal and running down by the tail lights. Try opening the trunk while drying the car and see if water is under there. If there is, when you start driving it will run back and out by the tail lights and down the rear bumper. Just a thought.
uSE A leaf blower.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,921 Posts
I always use a leaf blower. Gets water out of all the nooks and crannies. Great for getting water out from the side markers too.

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
uSE A leaf blower.
I have a 60 gallon air compressor and a long hose. I use it to dry the front of the car and help dry the wheels. Guess I will try using compressed air to dry the the taillights. I was already thinking about it but never tried it. I don't think it will get all of it because the water is trapped on the inside of the taillights. It might however.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Might try this

A Guy

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thanks everyone for your input I guess I’m gonna have to live with this