Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really dont want to spend almost $300 for something just to play DVDs while I drive, like on a long trip. I know my wife and son would love to throw in a Disney movie when we drive across the country. Is there any hack, or other way to get my 430 rbz to play DVDs on the fly WITHOUT having to purchase a lockpic? I really don't need it for any other reasons, I have no trouble backing out without needing a camara in the rear.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
The software is encoded to prevent any DVD / video from being played in the field of view of the driver.

For automatics, when you go into Drive it disables, on the 6-speed stick, the parking brake must be engage.

Otherwise, LockPick is the way around that software that's built into the head unit.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The software is encoded to prevent any DVD / video from being played in the field of view of the driver.

For automatics, when you go into Drive it disables, on the 6-speed stick, the parking brake must be engage.

Otherwise, LockPick is the way around that software that's built into the head unit.
What if I were to put the parking brake at the LOWEST setting so it's not engaging the wheels but still signals to the RBZ that it's on? I wonder if this would be a way around it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Has anyone ever thought about adding a relay to the parking brake wire. I know that on other aftermarket radios you could add a switch to the parking brake wire and ground the wire. Then flip the switch twice and it makes it think the pbrake is engaged. But on a newer pioneer I installed, that wouldnt work anymore so I had to install a relay on the pbrake. I dont recall exactly how the wiring was done and the effects of it but it worked like a charm. It also tricked the radio into thinking the pbrake was engaged. i think the relay took about two seconds to open the circuit so for that one second the circuit was closed, the radio thought the pbrake was engaged. Im sure if you or i search for it, it will come up.

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
What if I were to put the parking brake at the LOWEST setting so it's not engaging the wheels but still signals to the RBZ that it's on? I wonder if this would be a way around it.
I don't know if it would chime at you when in motion w/ parking brake light engage. That would drive you nuts in a New York Minute.

My other car will do this just with one click to engage the light.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It can work without buying the lockpick on REN units, but try it anyway:

1) While in PARK, insert the DVD.
2) When the DVD loads, press the AUDIO hard key.
3) Then SHIFT into DRIVE and press the DONE soft key.

If you interrupt the DVD after doing this, you will have to follow the steps again. It's probably only good for long drives. These steps will allow you to watch DVD's while the car is in-motion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts