Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier I had posted under GWE thread that I found out from the Dodge web site the 20" polished SRT wheel was an option. I had the dealer add that to my order this morning. Now I get an updated email from him and they just off loaded a 2011 toxic orange and it had the optional wheel. BUT...the optional wheel was the black pocketed one. Apparently the standard SRT wheel is the silver. This is opposite what was said on the web site. Dealer noticed this right away and reversed my order regarding wheel choice. Confusing at best!!! Sorry for false info.

One other item. (and this is not fasle), according to dealer they have not yet started there run of GWE's. Looks like TO are trickling into dealers lots as of now so maybr GWE is next.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
from what I understand, the GWE "special edition" comes with "black-pocketed" wheels as standard equipment, but are they the "FF SRT" style or the "IE SRT" style??:scratchhead:

·
Vendor
348 Posts
There was a problem with ordering initially. When I ordered, it continued through the normal order sequence after choosing GWE and the wheel option gave 2 choices and you had to pick one to continue. $250 polished upgrade or the SRT design wheels. Now when you pick the GWE color it displays a wheel option for black pocket. My dealer ended up ordering a 2nd car just to ensure the wheels come with it. I called Dodge headquarters today and asked if the folks that were forced to make a non black pocket choice back in parts of Jan were really getting different wheels or not. They had no answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts