Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea it’s a pita ,,you need another person and very small screwdrivers , lot of patience.. I redid the panel, took of bottom half part on the door would not stay , also did my dash , arm rest
Thanks for the info...that's probably the route I'll go...the dash and console were a piece of cake, was hoping the door would be the same...before I give up and do half the door, I have one more idea...I'm going to put very thin double sided tape on the tail of the welt piping that'll go along the bottom of the door, the cut, leaving just enough to fit into the crack....I've got 7 yards of it, so it's worth a try...if it doesn't work, I'll go the same route as you did...I'll post pics if successful....thanks again for the info...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Choosing a theme for your car and then adding things that tie into that theme has always been my favorite thing to do. For example, I've always been interested in severe weather (especially tornadoes) since I live in the Midwest, so I've nicknamed my 2016 SXT Plus The Lil' Twister. The first thing I did was have a friend who runs a custom automotive wrap shop make me some hood decals that I designed in Adobe Illustrator. This past winter I converted that same logo design and had my headrests embroidered. You can also use personalized license plates to tie in a theme...Twista' is what I got to go along with my stormy theme.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
And don't forget retro styling accents like hood pins...back when they were making the original versions of our cars, hood pins where very popular. I chose the style hood pins that I used since they look very similar to what was offered back in 1971.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I finished the welt piping install around the dash, console and door panels. I've got about 10 dollars in the whole project and about 3 hours. The dash and console took about 15 minutes. The door panels took forever and were a total pain in the butt. It took a couple of hours to figure out the process and install in a way to keep them secure. I'm still not 100% sold on the look, best part is, I can remove it in about 15 seconds. But it is growing on me. The only requirement was that it didn't look gaudy. We'll see how it stands the test of time. Next project is catch can installation (next week) on the Challenger and our Charger.

House Of Boyd - living life one day at a time...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
So I finished the welt piping install around the dash, console and door panels. I've got about 10 dollars in the whole project and about 3 hours. The dash and console took about 15 minutes. The door panels took forever and were a total pain in the butt. It took a couple of hours to figure out the process and install in a way to keep them secure. I'm still not 100% sold on the look, best part is, I can remove it in about 15 seconds. But it is growing on me. The only requirement was that it didn't look gaudy. We'll see how it stands the test of time. Next project is catch can installation (next week) on the Challenger and our Charger.

Looks good !!!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts

That looks great!

I did the same thing, only I stopped when it came to getting piping on the bottom of the door panel. My fingers were sore enough. I think it looks OK even if I copped out on the hard part. :frown:

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts

looks great, i've got to take some pics. did mine in yellow because car is yj. but i went goofy with a 2nd roll & did around the vents, on the steering wheel, even around the start button. like i said may have overdone as sometimes don't know when to stop but easy to take off & nothing hurt.>:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks great!

I did the same thing, only I stopped when it came to getting piping on the bottom of the door panel. My fingers were sore enough. I think it looks OK even if I copped out on the hard part. :frown:
I know what you mean. My thumbs are killing me today....lol

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
looks great, i've got to take some pics. did mine in yellow because car is yj. but i went goofy with a 2nd roll & did around the vents, on the steering wheel, even around the start button. like i said may have overdone as sometimes don't know when to stop but easy to take off & nothing hurt.>:)
Please post picture when you can. I was thinking of doing the vents too, but I thought that might be overkill.

·
Registered
452 Posts
2014 R/T Classic. Original owner. Mods are mostly centered around a retro 1970 appearance with only a few remaining before the car is complete.

INTERIOR
MOPAR stainless pedal kit
Hurst Comp Stick kit
Custom white shift ball with classic Hurst logo inlay
Custom 730N radio background
PAC Audio rearview camera integration module (to activate Hellcat spoiler camera while in reverse)
Custom 1971 style/tribute dash badge (chrome "Challenger" script on a brushed aluminum background)
Lloyd floor mats with embroidered 1970s "Challenger" script
Charcoal "Shaker" model radio bezel (to match surrounding dash color)
SRT8 brushed center console bezel

EXTERIOR
1970 Scat Pack quarter window bee decals
Amber fog lamp lens covers
392 front spoiler
"DODGE" hood letters
MOPAR hood pin kit
Custom "345 HEMI" CNC machined hood badges
1970 metal "Challenger" grill badge
1970 metal "R/T" grill badge
1970 metal "Challenger" fender badges
1970 passenger fender Pentastar
Replaced dual filament front turn signal bulbs with single filament bulbs (only headlights illuminate with lights on)
Custom 2015+ R/T Classic gloss white side stripes (no early door gap terminations)
Hellcat rear spoiler
1970 "Challenger R/T" white reflective spoiler decal (modeled after 1970 Challenger T/A decal)
Custom black license plates (with Vanishing Point plate number)
MOPAR chrome split exhaust tips
Locking fuel cap (keyed to fob key)
Tire white letter kit

PERFORMANCE
MOPAR strut tower brace
MOPAR air filter kit
MOPAR Stage 1 PCM
MOPAR Stage 1 springs

UPCOMING
SRT8 steering wheel swap
SRT8 leather or Shaker model charcoal door handle pulls

CONTEMPLATING
Program EVIC with SRT performance pages
3:92 differential swap with SRT8 axle shafts and SRT8 driveshaft
2020 426 Hemi engine swap (if/when released for counter purchase)

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
2014 R/T Classic. Original owner. Mods are mostly centered around a retro 1970 appearance with only a few remaining before the car is complete.
Nicely done and all the mods look like they were done with care, planning and an eye toward detail! Your car is a perfect example of why I like R/T Classics from the pre-2015 years - they really do capture "the look" of the old school Challengers from 1970.

----------------------------------------//----

·
Registered
662 Posts
Please post picture when you can. I was thinking of doing the vents too, but I thought that might be overkill.
will do, was too busy this weekend, yard work & father's day adding louvers & a sunroof decal. got to stop, she's at the point of going over the line!!!>:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great. I’ve had a couple friends use nail glue to hold these in. Does just a good enough job to hold them in but not so bad that it can’t be removed either.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
I know I’m a couple years behind, but where can I find these. I found a ton of the door lights but none with the script Challenger
Here you go >>>>> https://mrkustom.com You have to call and order them , just tell them
what like .It took about2 weeks easy install comes with the hole saw
Exact size for the lights .

Attachments

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
30 Participants
Gila Hemi
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing