2,576 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
It’s call the dead pedal. Check Speedlogix

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just installed rear diffuser, taller rear spoiler and front spoiler rods to my 2019 Scat Pack I have had the car five weeks now and love it and 2800 of fast miles so far
Lol you had 2800 miles after 5 weeks? I have 1500 miles after 5 months. I need to drive more but outside of just driving around for no reason there’s no point.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,868 Posts
No reason? Represent! :)

A Guy

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice, where can i get the foot rest to match the other pedals?
It’s call the dead pedal. Check Speedlogix
Wanted to add my 2¢ on this, I bought one and installed it along with the ebrake. Not entirely thrilled about it as the 3M tape doesn’t seem to be able to stick and stay in position.

I made sure the surface was 100% clean, vacuumed, and even used isopropyl alcohol to make sure the hard plastic surface had nothing on it.

if you do get the ebrake, I had to modify it a little by cutting some of the hard rubber so it would fit better. Used some gorilla tape to hold that in place. I may have to strip the dead petal tape and try that stuff instead.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,868 Posts
That's one reason I didn't get the dead pedal, many report it doesn't stay stuck long

The E-Brake cover fits as is on Manuals, has to be trimmed as mentioned on Automatics

A Guy

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,576 Posts
Wanted to add my 2¢ on this, I bought one and installed it along with the ebrake. Not entirely thrilled about it as the 3M tape doesn’t seem to be able to stick and stay in position.

I made sure the surface was 100% clean, vacuumed, and even used isopropyl alcohol to make sure the hard plastic surface had nothing on it.

if you do get the ebrake, I had to modify it a little by cutting some of the hard rubber so it would fit better. Used some gorilla tape to hold that in place. I may have to strip the dead petal tape and try that stuff instead.
When mine came loose I replaced the double sided tape that came on it with double sided 3M tape from a roll I have, first cleaning everything with denatured alcohol. It hasn't budged since in 3 years.

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used Velcro to install my stainless steel e-brake pedal. Works great.

Also, I have had no problem with the 3M tape used to install my dead pedal.
I think I may go the Velcro route as well. May even do a half Velcro, half gorilla tape to go on the hard plastic

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lol you had 2800 miles after 5 weeks? I have 1500 miles after 5 months. I need to drive more but outside of just driving around for no reason there’s no point.
Hey Cominfromcamaro, pushing four thousand miles, I am able to get that many miles because I am fighting cancer and right now it about the only thing I can do physically. So I go out two or three times day on our back country roads and have fun, I love the car

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey Cominfromcamaro, pushing four thousand miles, I am able to get that many miles because I am fighting cancer and right now it about the only thing I can do physically. So I go out two or three times day on our back country roads and have fun, I love the car
I’m very sorry to hear that sir. That’s truly awesome you found a fun little hobby you enjoy! Keep fighting the good fight, we’ll all be here rooting you on.

**** ****ing cancer! ???

Reactions: Sublime19
61 - 80 of 91 Posts