Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,
I've recently installed the APR splitter (15+ sxt & RT APR splitter) on my 17 5.7 shaker. This was done by an autobody shop nearby. I've noticed that the splitter is tilting upwards since it is bolted on the factory spoiler which has an angle in the bottom. Anyone have similar issues or experience on the
installation specific to the non-scat RT? Should there be a gap between the tip of the spoiler and the splitter? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No experience but there are vids on Youtube showing installs...below is one example:
Thanks; however, most install videos are for scats which have a different spoiler than the sxt's and rt's. I don't know what the aprs on 5.7 RT are supposed to look like if installed peoperly.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
Thanks; however, most install videos are for scats which have a different spoiler than the sxt's and rt's. I don't know what the aprs on 5.7 RT are supposed to look like if installed peoperly.
Yeah the RTs have the smaller chin spoiler...why didn't you upgrade to the scat spoiler?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I dont know if that is correct or not, but it sure does look a little odd.

It almost looks like its tightened too tight from the top and is forcefully pulling the splitter up words.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
I dont know if that is correct or not, but it sure does look a little odd.

It almost looks like its tightened too tight from the top and is forcefully pulling the splitter up words.
Looks like it was done to account for the natural angle of the spoiler. The scats have an almost flat surface at the bottom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm starting to wonder if there should be a slight gap between the tip of factory spoiler and the Apr, so that the splitter is more parallel to the ground?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
I searched some images on google using APR splitter RT and it looks like they all angle up. Makes sense because if you had the splitter sit parallel to the ground then the only support would be from the turnbuckles.

Oh wait, this image looks like it is not as angled. Could it be the turnbuckles are too short or mounted too high?
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-599237...92-srt-front-bumper-splitter-2015-2016-24.jpg

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I searched some images on google using APR splitter RT and it looks like they all angle up. Makes sense because if you had the splitter sit parallel to the ground then the only support would be from the turnbuckles.

Oh wait, this image looks like it is not as angled. Could it be the turnbuckles are too short or mounted too high?
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-599237...92-srt-front-bumper-splitter-2015-2016-24.jpg
That is the Duck-Billed Platypus Chin spoiler, not the R/T one......

·
Registered
588 Posts
That install doesn't look right. I found a few pics online although its still hard to tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a 15 R/T and I put the SRT spoiler on first because it had a flat bottom so the splitter would lie flat.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think I would have attached it to the factory front spoiler at the rear edge with some good hinges.Then you could precisely adjust the angle with the turnbuckle supports on the bumper.Just a thought.I also might get some wide black automotive body side molding and trim it to fill to fill any resulting gap between the splitter and the factory spoiler.Just a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts