Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, I heard these guys love American muscle cars...
Nice to see the SS get a spankin' :guiness:
I don't think racing into head on traffic is too cool though..:scratchhead:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Replay the first vid in full screen mode. @ the 19 second mark you get a great look at the front end of the Camaro V6 (no scoop). SS Camaros have a scoop. I'm a little concerned that an SRT8 had a rough time shaking off a V6 Camaro.

Rob

·
Registered
387 Posts
Replay the first vid in full screen mode. @ the 19 second mark you get a great look at the front end of the Camaro V6 (no scoop). SS Camaros have a scoop. I'm a little concerned that an SRT8 had a rough time shaking off a V6 Camaro.

Rob
Sorry guys I meant the 18 second mark in the vid.

Rob

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

Rob
The Black Camaro is clearly a SS as the recording guy even states..he even says the Camaro SS has a cat-back and the SRT is stock, the same camaro is in the second one against the Challenger SRT and 300C SRT

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Black Camaro is clearly a SS as the recording guy even states..he even says the Camaro SS has a cat-back and the SRT is stock, the same camaro is in the second one against the Challenger SRT and 300C SRT
Then the owner went through a lot of trouble having the front nose clip replaced with one from a V6. I'm not trying to start controversy but you can clearly see when the vid is paused that there is no scoop in the front nose clip of the Camaro. Sorry but I'm not convinced as you can easily purchase a cat-back for a V6. I guess we'll never know.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I see the scoop? At least I see a darker area right about where the scoop would be on it. A little hard to see the difference.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I see the scoop? At least I see a darker area right about where the scoop would be on it. A little hard to see the difference.
What you see is a shadow (not a hole). If it had the scoop the opening would be darker (much like the hole in the grill area).

No one wants to believe so I'll end this now. It's a Camaro SS.

Rob

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
i'm surprised they are allowed to have such purely americanized iconic cars like the challenger and camaro over there! thats pretty cool! i wonder what Osama thinks of these guys...enjoying a piece of the USA..

·
Banned
863 Posts
i'm surprised they are allowed to have such such purely american-ized iconic cars like the challenger and camaro over there! thats pretty cool! i wonder what Osama thinks of these guys...enjoying a piece of the USA?
I am sure Osama sent a guy with a rocket launcher on that hill. The guy probably sat down and enjoyed the races and told Osama no American muscle showed up that day.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dude your wrong, it has halo lights ONLY available on the SS.
The wheels are wide and big on the SS. It is a SS. Challenger wins.
Forget about the race, the SRT looks like a bull compared to the camaro. Again, Challenger wins.
Halo's & big tire & wheel package available on V6's. Check the manufacturers site for 2010. The SS scoop would clearly be visible much like the scoops on the hood of the SRT (I'm really having a hard time trying to see it in either of the vids). Again not trying to start anything so I'll just let it go.

On to the not so trivial...yes it is crazy to conduct a drag race with on coming traffic.

Rob

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Hey, that Challenger had DRLs enabled - amazing that a mechanic in the Middle East apparently knows how to do it, but some of our own American dealers can't figure it out.

·
Registered
757 Posts
If you let the video go to the end, YouTube's title listing is a race between an L99 (automatic SS, 400hp) vs. an SRT8 Challenger. Definitely an SS. But, not an LS3, 426hp, 6-speed car. And, as far as all the cars and people being all over the place while racing, that's the way it used to be done in many parts of the Bronx, and Brooklyn, in NY, back in the day. It does pucker the bumhole. lol

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
It's clear that it is an SS. The youtube guy knows his cars. He has other cars that are racing in his vids and knows everything from models and mods. He is a car guy. They race lambos, Ferrari's, AMG's, etc. in Saudi Arabia. These folks are not the same as in downtown Baghdad.
The stance, wheels, looks, speed is not of a V6 camaro.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts