Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the seats in a 2009?

I have the cloth 2009 seats.

I hate the non flip forward driver's seat.

For less than twice the cost of leather seat covers,
I can buy a set of 2013 front and rear seats with leather.

Will they be a direct bolt in?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I will be following this. My youngest is now in a forward facing car seat so both boys are forward facing now. Thus seats are placed directly behind driver and passenger seats. It would be nice if I could flip up my drivers seat in my 09 to unbuckle the oldest instead of climbing through the passenger side. In the end it's not a huge deal as I need to get to the passenger side and get the youngest out anyway. But on days that I don't have both or my wife is with me and can handle the passenger side kiddo I could just flip up the drivers seat and get my eldest out.

I don't have a preference on material I just want the flip up like the passenger side has.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
IIRC, the seat tracks are a different design - a different supplier is used for the '11 and up seats.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang it, that would have been nice. What year did the driver seat start a mechanical forward? 2010?

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
The rails the newer seats bolt to are very different in spacing and height. 11 and newer seats are not interchangeable or even close to, especially on the passenger side. The wiring, tensioners in the seat belt and buckle are also very different.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There has to be a way.... Will new tracks bolt in?

Not tracks. Rails. The welded in part of the floor pan, over 100 spot welds per side. The seats look similar but that's were it ends. Inside the motors, wiring, etc. are so different they might as well be from another brand of car. The connecters on the newer seats are completely different, with a lot more wires coming in from the harness.

There is a way, I've done it. Combined two salvage cars, so used everything from the '12 donor car. My free advice is if your stuck on having these seats, then trade up. This is not ever going to be a weekend project swap.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not tracks. Rails. The welded in part of the floor pan, over 100 spot welds per side. The seats look similar but that's were it ends. Inside the motors, wiring, etc. are so different they might as well be from another brand of car. The connecters on the newer seats are completely different, with a lot more wires coming in from the harness.

There is a way, I've done it. Combined two salvage cars, so used everything from the '12 donor car. My free advice is if your stuck on having these seats, then trade up. This is not ever going to be a weekend project swap.
I saw a post a few months back of a guy making 1 out of 2 wrecks was that you and how is the build coming

·
Registered
216 Posts
I saw a post a few months back of a guy making 1 out of 2 wrecks was that you and how is the build coming
There was a lot more changes than I expected between the '09 car and '12 donor, plus going to manual from auto trans has slowed things a bit. Few more weeks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts