Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to see a 3.6LC run down a track on any car or Jeep.
I did see Rubbels blower but it could have been a disguise.
Why does it take so long to make one of these blowers run?
I mean if you can go 9's with a 2.8 then these monster's should go 8's where are they?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I can get you one very cheap if you want one John.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
John,if done and in Orlando you can take mine for a run.
Tout

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John,if done and in Orlando you can take mine for a run.
Tout
woooo hoooo, I would love to.
You got to make some passes first and make sure she's strong, I don't want to break the weak link on your ride.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Tim ran his car with the 3.6L in it.

There is the guy in Texas putting his together and I built a motor for a guy in the Middle East that has one but I think the car is here in the states still. That car is in Acton, MA if you want to check it out.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still waiting to confirm ST Motorsports is shipping a spare tire icebox and then Tim can complete my car for the LX Orlando event. I'll have a real 3,6L liquid cooled KB on mine :)
would be nice to see you and tout run down the track with them monsters

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Tim has to be up to his eye balls in getting all these cars done, the best plans never seem to work because your always waiting for someone else to get a part to you, can't tell you how many dates Andy was promised for the Al block delivery from the supplier, now that it's here everything is on Tim, not his or Andy's fault. Jim's car is the closest to being race ready, I have no idea on Tims, Andy's or mine, let alone anyone else Tim's team is working on.
John, you are one of a hand full of people I would let drive , I know you won't pull a Trixie on the line or head for the wall.LOL
Tout

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
John, you are one of a hand full of people I would let drive , I know you won't pull a Trixie on the line or head for the wall.LOL
Tout
Pull a Trixie lol don't let here read this:bigthumb:
John could run most any car for sure. It is going to be one he11 of a year this year I think. There are several big builds going on and lot's of guys like myself with smaller stuff that will be hitting the track and trying to tear up our stuff.
Back to the 3.6 like John said going to be nice getting these on the track on a consistent basis. The biggest issue will be keeping all other parts from going boom, most of those have been found out and addressed but when your trying to rip down the track making that kind of power you just never know what's going to happen.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I agree the load on Tim has been substantial for quite some time, as it has been on all the great tuners and builders. I think Tim's dogs help for stress relief. Animals are good at that! It's good to see strong demand when we are in a struggling economy in general. The best advise on anyone wanting to make a serious build is prepare to take your time and sometimes have to wait on things, especially when your seeking the very best out there!

And it doesn't get any better than the Kenne Bell 3.6LC IMHO :thumbsup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm trying damit!!! :bigthumb:
Just like was said above, waiting on parts can be the biggest force working against you in some cases. I don't think Tim or Mike or even Andy could have imagined how well the Challenger platform was going to sell. First there was nothing avaible then wham! just be patient, good things come to those who wait:) They are real and all of us would like to make sure the bottome can sustain the top hat we are putting on so its a slow learning process. Kinda like the boring and cracking of the first 6.1's, something no one expected. They will get out and they will kick some a$$ I promise. I only get to work on this thing two days a week and considering I have the whole damn thing in pieces it may take some time. He is shooting for the big challenger event in Vegas in April so I am trying to get things done. I still have a primered hood and fender set thats not ready:(. We will get them out and then be able to fine tune them and get the most out of them we can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts