Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The finalized paint job is nuts. Cant show anyone till after Mopars at the Strip, but its nuts!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Nice, what tranny is he running? Powerglide?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Look Awesome, keep the updates going.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
3200 lbs @ 1100 Hp should get close to a 8.32 ET @161 mph so the answer is yes
Tout

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
PWR my answer is No and doubt it. It is extremely hard to run those numbers without major chassis work 25.2 . A ladder bar suspension is needed plus a Big Stuff fuel mgmt with a professional tuner a must. If the car don't work HP alone will not make those ET's possible. 9.20's should be the ultimate goal maybe that is stretching it.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I think high 8s is possible. Mike @DTP is already close to running a 9.4 and he uses a 6.1. They haven't let that car all the way loose yet because I think it's still running a stock driveline.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
The car is basicly a Drag pack car, stripped to 3200 lbs, straight axle rear, and all the goodies to get it to hook, so is 1100 Hp doable??? yes and so will the 8's
Tout

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
This will be interesting to watch. If he don't break should de 9's in Vegas. Really doubt 8's will happen straight out of the box. In time well time will tell.

So Andy how do you like all us back seat drivers?:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PWR my answer is No and doubt it. It is extremely hard to run those numbers without major chassis work 25.2 . A ladder bar suspension is needed plus a Big Stuff fuel mgmt with a professional tuner a must. If the car don't work HP alone will not make those ET's possible. 9.20's should be the ultimate goal maybe that is stretching it.
Major chasis work: Check
FAST Stand Alone controller: Check
Turbo 400/Powerglide: Check
Solid Axle: Check
Professional Tuner: Check

You may be right George, lets see what happens this year. I think it will see 8's.

This will be interesting to watch. If he don't break should de 9's in Vegas. Really doubt 8's will happen straight out of the box. In time well time will tell.

So Andy how do you like all us back seat drivers?:bigthumb:
I think its great. Keeps the site fun.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Major chasis work: Check
FAST Stand Alone controller: Check
Turbo 400/Powerglide: Check
Solid Axle: Check
Professional Tuner: Check

You may be right George, lets see what happens this year. I think it will see 8's.

I think its great. Keeps the site fun.
I'm thinking low 10's myself. Freakin car is a chump... Prolly end up as a show car..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts