Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some Zeitronix log files from a KB owner who is logging boost with their Zeitronix. I'm getting boost numbers, but I'm not sure they are starting where they should.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Reach out to 03HDFB. Great guy and he's running the Zeitronix and has a Techo. He's got a friend he helped with his build who has a KB and might be running the Zeitronix. Good info regardless.

HemiSam

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reach out to 03HDFB. Great guy and he's running the Zeitronix and has a Techo. He's got a friend he helped with his build who has a KB and might be running the Zeitronix. Good info regardless.

HemiSam
Yes, I know both Greg and Allen, but I was looking more for a KB on a stock motor with a Zeitronix for data logging. As many of you know those two have a bit more than stock motors under their hoods. I do want to thank you for sending me in their direction.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
No sweat.

If I'm understanding, are you looking for AFR under boost and otherwise on a KB blown stock motor? Or are you looking for more like EGTs?

For what it's worth, if it was the former, I'd be looking at very low 11's under boost. Nothing wrong with high 10's, especially if you're running more than say 7.5psi. I'd also really keep an eye on part throttle boost where the AFR is difficult to control...you can drive around that.

Good luck either way.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
I use the Holy Sh it method. Hold on and shut up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No sweat.

If I'm understanding, are you looking for AFR under boost and otherwise on a KB blown stock motor? Or are you looking for more like EGTs?

For what it's worth, if it was the former, I'd be looking at very low 11's under boost. Nothing wrong with high 10's, especially if you're running more than say 7.5psi. I'd also really keep an eye on part throttle boost where the AFR is difficult to control...you can drive around that.

Good luck either way.

HemiSam
My AFR is right in that 10.6-11.5 range, but my boost is lagging and not making the full 8lbs. it's supposed too.

I use the Holy Sh it method. Hold on and shut up.
At 12.4 in the 1/4 mile I'm not at that holy sh!t point yet, but that is pretty fast for an old fat man.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
LMAO!

Sounds like the tune's relatively safe. For a stock bottom, I think you're at a healthy boost level. Obviously you need to look at timing in relation to boost and any KR you might be seeing. What I can say, since I'm not a KB owner, is that I'll see boost drop a good 1psi in warmer weather vs cool/colder weather and the AFR will lean up quite a bit in colder weather. If you're in a cold place, be sure you've got a tune that's either sufficiently conservative to manage the swing or a winter and summer tune.

Alternatively, do what John does and just kick the beatch in the pants and go fast. Works for him.

HemiSam

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LMAO!

Sounds like the tune's relatively safe. For a stock bottom, I think you're at a healthy boost level. Obviously you need to look at timing in relation to boost and any KR you might be seeing. What I can say, since I'm not a KB owner, is that I'll see boost drop a good 1psi in warmer weather vs cool/colder weather and the AFR will lean up quite a bit in colder weather. If you're in a cold place, be sure you've got a tune that's either sufficiently conservative to manage the swing or a winter and summer tune.

Alternatively, do what John does and just kick the beatch in the pants and go fast. Works for him.

HemiSam
Some great information right there, thanks.

Johan did my tune and there isn't even one blip of KR.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
What size is your upper and lower pulley? how much boost does it show?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts