Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,345 Posts
Yup I was running the shorter belt with the 3.2" pulley. But stock tensioner and dayco still slipped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm willing to bet the pre electric power steering cars have less belt slippage due to less resistance and longer ( more surface area) belt.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,345 Posts
Mine is a 2015 but a manual trans. Everytime I would drop to a lower gear and hammer the throttle I would get belt squeal..(i.e. belt slip). With the thump racing tensioner and all metal idlers (stock was plastic) "zero" squeal..even with a 3.1" pulley.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ok I'm not gonna lie, you got me interested in the Magnuson after I saw one for just over $5k. Comes with everything but fueling?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You mean no injectors or no upgraded fuel pump?
I honestly don't know, what do the kits usually come with as far as fueling, the description wasn't very specific.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,345 Posts
I honestly don't know, what do the kits usually come with as far as fueling, the description wasn't very specific.
Most come with injectors but no fuel pump. Then there are kits that come with or without tune. The kit I bought came with 60# injectors, upgraded fuel pump and hat, 3.2" pulley (~8psi on a stock 5.7), a crank pinning kit, an unlocked PCM, a diablo trinity tuner and email tuning for $7200 shipped and no tax.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well, it's burning oil again. I haven't pulled the valve covers off yet but I'm guessing seals popped off again.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts