Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I believe it has that info on the stickers on your drivers door jamb.
I also believe they are all built in Brampton, Ontario (Canada)
Looks like you have an R/T so this may not apply but all the SRT 392 engines are built in Mexico....

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
I believe it has that info on the stickers on your drivers door jamb.
I also believe they are all built in Brampton, Ontario (Canada)
Looks like you have an R/T so this may not apply but all the SRT 392 engines are built in Mexico....
5.7 Engines are also built in Mexico.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Challengers have not been built in Detroit- Hamtramck Dodge Main since 1974 / some Challengers were built in LA Van Nuys Assemble plant

Reactions: golphin

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
U should check out the documentary of how the challenger is built. It's on YouTube, great watch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
They still building the wagon model?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
The confusion is understandable given the "imported from Detroit" slogan. The engineers, designers and decision makers are there, and that's why I consider this an American car, regardless of where it's assembled and where some of its components are made. Meanwhile a Toyota made in Texas or Alabama is still as Japanese as the food at a sushi joint downtown LA. And Mission: Impossible III was largely shot in Canada, but no one would not consider it an American movie.
I just wanted to preempt the usual BS about there being no American cars anymore. Unlike its conception the manufacturing of a Challenger is across the border, but it's still in the Americas, especially after NAFTA, right?

Attachments

Reactions: 1970FJ6T/A

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I consider this an American car, regardless of where it's assembled and where some of its components are made.
I totally agree. As a proud Canadian I think it's cool that the Challenger is built in Canada but I've always thought of the Challenger as an American muscle car. The styling, idea behind it, the power, the sound, the name on it and the soul of the car are pure American. That's why I love it so much.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The confusion is understandable given the "imported from Detroit" slogan. The engineers, designers and decision makers are there, and that's why I consider this an American car, regardless of where it's assembled and where some of its components are made. Meanwhile a Toyota made in Texas or Alabama is still as Japanese as the food at a sushi joint downtown LA. And Mission: Impossible III was largely shot in Canada, but no one would not consider it an American movie.
I just wanted to preempt the usual BS about there being no American cars anymore. Unlike its conception the manufacturing of a Challenger is across the border, but it's still in the Americas, especially after NAFTA, right?

Dodge Challenger - YouTube
Wow, thanks for the link. Its absolutely amazing how large these factories are and how many huge machines and people they use to create these great cars.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Wow, thanks for the link. Its absolutely amazing how large these factories are and how many huge machines and people they use to create these great cars.
Amazing, indeed.

Just look at any part on your car - it has to be designed, then a prototype has to be made to be sure it fits and works, then tooling has to be made installed and tested, then parts are made, cataloged, packaged, shipped, installed or individually boxed with part numbers and paperwork, EVERY single part!

Then all of those thousands of parts have to be assembled into a vehicle that's expected to give trouble-free performance in desert heat, tropical humidity, arctic cold, torrential rain and dust storms.

Look at the operating temperature of your phone, your computer, digital camera, etc and see how many of them can function in temps from 50º below zero to 140º above while being splashed with water or covered with wind driven sand.

Amazing. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts