Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a Scat Pack for a few weeks now and I am having a hard time finding much inventory. Are others out there seeing the same thing. I have only been looking at challengers for a couple months so I don't have much of a historical perspective as far as inventory goes.

I would imagine inventory levels should pick up with the assembly lines up and running again.

·
Registered
2020 Hellraisin Scat Pack, M6
10 Posts
I just don't think many dealers are actually ordering scat packs because they are a little more expensive so may not be as much interest for people at that price point, I ordered a scat pack from my local dealer not even 2 weeks ago and it has already been built and is in transit for an eta of 8/31-9/14 so i think production is pretty well caught up because from what I have been seeing from people ordering cars have been waiting anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Bought a 2020 Scat Pack 2 weeks ago.
There where a few Scat Packs here and there but all were Automatics and no Manuals near by.
anyways I got the Frost Blue in Manual that was in transit and got it a few days knowing it was never test driven by anyone..Now I see a Few more Scat Packs in Manuals here and there but glad I picked one up with Power dollars and other rebates and a great tradin........JT

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I was at the dealership this week and there were no Challengers or Charger Hellcat/Redeyes like there usually is at the showroom area. Might have been bought up or something

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,285 Posts
I was at my dealership earlier today in Elizabethtown, KY. The only Challenger they have is a 2000 mile, 2019 R/T on the lot. Some are being shipped but they are not sure when they will get there.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
598 Posts
Like others have said, theres shortages on dealer lots because of the shutdown and it has caused the pre-owned market to skyrocket. Dealers are marking up the used scat packs to crazy prices. Hopefully things will get better soon

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
376 Posts
Hi,

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, the dealership gave me a 8-27 eta, but the chat with Chrysler keeps telling me its at the preproduction phase and doesn't have the access to the codes on status.

The first dealership I went to had 2 v6 cars, 1 50th Anniversary GT, the one I placed the order had a few 2018's let overs.

I'm about 60 miles north of Detroit, but didn't see a lot nearby when I started my search.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like others have said, theres shortages on dealer lots because of the shutdown and it has caused the pre-owned market to skyrocket. Dealers are marking up the used scat packs to crazy prices. Hopefully things will get better soon
You are right about the used market. Here in ATL used challengers at dealer lots are sometimes the same price or more than new. The used market prices are laughable!

·
Registered
598 Posts
You are right about the used market. Here in ATL used challengers at dealer lots are sometimes the same price or more than new. The used market prices are laughable!
Oh it’s insane, its all over the US. They‘re inflating the prices.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Probably the only discount you'll see now on a new Scat Pack is the power dollars discount of $4850.

·
Premium Member
4,812 Posts
Have you tried the search function on the Dodge site? Crank the search distance up to 150+ miles, see what happens.
I'm in Portland, my search found 76 Challengers in all kinds of trims.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Have you tried the search function on the Dodge site? Crank the search distance up to 150+ miles, see what happens.
I'm in Portland, my search found 76 Challengers in all kinds of trims.

108 within 50 miles from me. Crank it up to 150 miles and I get 749 Challengers in stock.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Dodge should really update their site so you can see what all dealers have nationwide. It would be much easier to find the exact car you want

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Dodge should really update their site so you can see what all dealers have nationwide. It would be much easier to find the exact car you want
I agree with you there. A few years back it would let you look at inventory 200 miles away, but for some reason, that number became 150.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts