Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants a 2011 SE Rallye with Super Sport Group, Sound Group II and Media Center with the NAV. Sticker is around $31,350. Can I expect the dealer to come down to the $28k range or is that a bit optimistic? I know these cars are hot so I'm trying to get an idea of the dealers position on selling these.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I can get an R/T with leather, DVD, and NAV for $28k?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the link.

If you read the fine print not all of the "Available Savings" shown is available for everyone. It is made up of several rebates (TDM/Owner Loyalty, Military, Returning Lessee, Supplier/Fleet/Friends and Family - $3850 worth) none of which do I qualify, as well as what appears to be dealer discounts (as little as $1650). Hopefully $1650 isn't all the dealer will come down on a $31k vehicle.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Search the Dodge website for all the dealers in you area. Often the dealers post "internet" discounts. You could play one dealer against another on internet price and the threat to go to Ford or Chevy. Walk on a deal that doesn't fit your price range.

OR, wait till the 2012s start hitting the lots and haggle for a 2011. That's most likely when you'll get the best deal.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Some dealers are dealing...your better off looking at 2010's and going that route...I picked up my 2010 SE for 17800 brand new! If anyone is dealing on the 2011's I do not believe you would find that exact set up...and I also doubt that they would have an SE on the lot for 31k, when the new 2011 R/T's are like 34k, so it would be a tough sell for them to sell that SE for 3k less then an R/T and 5k more then a 2010 R/T...

That combo would more then likely be a special order and they do not do deals on those...and I bet picking up a 2010 for like 19k, you could probably add that stuff for way less...I mean there are double din nav units from jvc, kenwood, pioneer for like 700-1000 and are way better...I picked up wheels and tires for 1200 installed...I am not sure what all comes with those packages, but you get the idea...

anyways good luck...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some dealers are dealing...your better off looking at 2010's and going that route...I picked up my 2010 SE for 17800 brand new! If anyone is dealing on the 2011's I do not believe you would find that exact set up...and I also doubt that they would have an SE on the lot for 31k, when the new 2011 R/T's are like 34k, so it would be a tough sell for them to sell that SE for 3k less then an R/T and 5k more then a 2010 R/T...

That combo would more then likely be a special order and they do not do deals on those...and I bet picking up a 2010 for like 19k, you could probably add that stuff for way less...I mean there are double din nav units from jvc, kenwood, pioneer for like 700-1000 and are way better...I picked up wheels and tires for 1200 installed...I am not sure what all comes with those packages, but you get the idea...

anyways good luck...

Thanks for the input.

I've looked for 2010's and there just aren't many left in my area, and the ones that are just aren't close enough to what we're looking for. On the contrary, the exact car we're looking for is available at a dealer in Los Angeles, only 50 miles from us.

I did what you suggest and added leather, the nice Kenwood double din DVD/NAV unit and wheels and tires to my wifes current ride (a 2005 Toyota 4Runner) and it cost just as much as going factory. Yeah, the quality may be a bit better but it was a hassle. And with the newer CANBUS systems on cars these days getting the head units to work correctly can be a pain. When I was younger I enjoyed upgrading those types of thing, but I'm at the point now where I'd rather just buy the vehicle with it already there.

Maybe its just too early in the year for dealers to come down on the 2011 models. This may not be a bad thing, though, it will give me a little time to sell her 4Runner.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Dealers near me are offering $2000 off on the BASE models. So if you're getting a bunch of options, you should be able to get $2500 off easy.

Also, they absolutely will deal on special orders. They're no different than regular orders, except that they have a more guaranteed buyer.

But ordering right now could be a pain because of the paint supply issues. Also, there was the whole Allied shipping mess. I think Toxic orange and White are the only colors not affected by the paint problem, so if you're getting one of those you could expect a reasonable delivery time.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Dealers near me are offering $2000 off on the BASE models. So if you're getting a bunch of options, you should be able to get $2500 off easy.

Also, they absolutely will deal on special orders. They're no different than regular orders, except that they have a more guaranteed buyer.

But ordering right now could be a pain because of the paint supply issues. Also, there was the whole Allied shipping mess. I think Toxic orange and White are the only colors not affected by the paint problem, so if you're getting one of those you could expect a reasonable delivery time.
I have purchased many cars new, worked at dealerships and have friends who are salesman and were salesman...Not sure what a regular order or a special order is...when I mean special order, something you buy new from the factory whether it be the base model or the one off fully custom order, they are all special order as they order on a per person basis...they might deal a little on that, but not any where near where they have a previous year model on the lot, that has been there for 6 months and not moving at all, just taking up space and costing them lots of money (dealers do not own cars, they finance them and for the first 30-60 days, there is no interest, after that interest is retro acted and at super, super high amounts...so they begin costing them tons of money)...they might apply the factory discounts, but they are not going to knock big numbers off the price for a special order car...some but not like a car that has been sitting forever. There is no way, that I could have walked into any dealer and asked for 8k off msrp for a car I want them to order from the factory...I also look at other dealers who were selling numerous 2010's (se-srt8) for 5-6k of msrp for cars they had on the lot, no way would I have been able to order that same car with the same discount...

so its best to wait until 2012's roll onto the lot and go for a 2011 then...but then you might want the 2012..maybe the twin turbo v6 (that is rumored) and then you would have trouble buying the 2011, LOL...I lost sleep at night over getting the 2011 or the 2010...but 6k less for a slightly different interior and some cheap add ons...it was a tough call, as I am sure the choice between the 2011 and 2012 will be :) Either, its a bad ass car and I love mine!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The best deal I found (I have been to and contacted over 8 dodge dealerships) was Tuttle Click's in Tustin California. They (Mike in Financing) set me up with an unbelievable finance rate, unbelievable 6 year Platinum Warranty and amazing payments. I don't work for Tuttle Click's but they were by far the best. Other dealers try to lure you with discounts that you may not qualify for. Just contact Tuttle Click's Tustin and tell them what you want to pay and how much you are willing to put down on the car. They will do their best, Trust me I know. I have been looking for a Challenger for 3 months now and these guys were hands down, the best.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I bought my 2011 challenger se last saturday for $23,500...window sticker said almost 28,000 when I got there so I got a little over 4 grand off. But then again my grandfather worked and retired with jeep so I got an extra 1,800 just cause of that off. I would say average you should get around $3000 off roughly

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Get what you want. You will be happier. The money thing will go away. There is always that woulda shoulda coulda. I got the car I wanted and added the stuff myself that I really wanted. Besides, it was fun doing it. Good luck. Yes, the longer you wait, the more off you will get, but you will not be driving it either and when the next year's models come out, your car is worth less, about what you got as a discount. I think it is all a wash. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm going to take the wife looking tomorrow so she can test drive one and see if it drives as good as it looks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts