Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thats what on mine now. 245s in the front and 255s in the rear. I want to go with 255s in the front and wider in the rear and my tires are in good shape and if there a decent tire will rotate the rear to the front and just by new rear tires.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
U seem to be price shopping, hard to understand that.

I buy for looks, QUALITY then price..............DO no care for a tire that lasts 20 years, Get bored way to easy.................

Buy what I like and looks the best on your ride............

From the Guy that HATES poor quality, crap looking tires.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not trying to price shop. Its whats on the car now and there in great shape and id like to rotate the 255s to the front and buy bigger for the back and if there decent would like to stick to the same design on all 4 wheels.

·
Super Moderator
15,445 Posts
thats what on mine now. 245s in the front and 255s in the rear. I want to go with 255s in the front and wider in the rear and my tires are in good shape and if there a decent tire will rotate the rear to the front and just by new rear tires.
I installed Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 maximum performance all-season tires on my 2009 SRT- 245/45-20 on the front and 275/40-20 on the rear (see photo). They perform great and have a 500 wear rating.

Will you be driving your car when the temperatures are under 40 degrees? If so, I wouldn't get a summer tire.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive wheel system
Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
not trying to price shop. Its whats on the car now and there in great shape and id like to rotate the 255s to the front and buy bigger for the back and if there decent would like to stick to the same design on all 4 wheels.
Depends on your wheel width. If you have 8" wide wheels, 255 is already at max recommended width. Actually thats touch over (245 is recommended) but its fine.
As for the Hankooks, they are pretty decent tires.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its an srt so it has 9 inch wheels and im looking at 275s

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
its an srt so it has 9 inch wheels and im looking at 275s
if you have an SRT ('15 - current) those are 9.5" wheels

Scat Pack are standard 9" width

R/T with standard brakes is 8" width unless it has the optional WRT wheel (forged, matte finish in black or granite, depending on year) which is 9"

·
Super Moderator
15,445 Posts
Did any 2008+ Challenger come with 255 on the rear as standard fitment?
Yes, if you had an SRT with the Goodyear F-1 Supercar summer tires. That configuration had 245/45-R20s on the front and 255/45-R20s on the rear. The Goodyear all-season tires, however, had 245/45-R20s on all four wheels.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine is a 11 srt and i have the window sticker and its says it came with 255s on the rear and 245s on the front.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
mine is a 11 srt and i have the window sticker and its says it came with 255s on the rear and 245s on the front.
You are good then. As for tires there are many good ones. If you want to match, just get more Hankook.
I have Nitto Motivo on my rear (275/40) and Falken G5 sport (245) on the front.
I wouldn't mind going with those in the rear either but I'd like to get BFG G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S Plus next time all around and will go 275 all around as well. Mine are also 9" wheels.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are good then. As for tires there are many good ones. If you want to match, just get more Hankook.
I have Nitto Motivo on my rear (275/40) and Falken G5 sport (245) on the front.
I wouldn't mind going with those in the rear either but I'd like to get BFG G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S Plus next time all around and will go 275 all around as well. Mine are also 9" wheels.
id probably go 275s all around too if i didnt have 4 like new tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts