Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have been able to find from searching, it seems that they are painted, but I'm not sure on the 2011. The previous owner had painted the calipers and I want them back red. I was able to flake a small piece of the dark paint off, but before I do anything too harsh, I need to know what they are. If they are powdercoated, I thought about using a little brake fluid on a rag and just take my time, but if they are painted, I don't really know what to use because I don't want to damage the original red. All help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
10,115 Posts
Considering the original high gloss on the red, the last owner had to prep that paint for adhesion. From that standpoint I doubt you'd get back down to a red that is presentable. Without an adhesion promoter whether scuffing the surface or a primer it would not stick for long. Have a plan B ready just in case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Considering the original high gloss on the red, the last owner had to prep that paint for adhesion. From that standpoint I doubt you'd get back down to a red that is presentable. Without an adhesion promoter whether scuffing the surface or a primer it would not stick for long. Have a plan B ready just in case.

Thank you very much for your help! I sorta figured that'd be the case. I'll start with the least abrasive method and go frm there. Worst case scenario is I'll have to repaint them. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thank you very much for your help! I sorta figured that'd be the case. I'll start with the least abrasive method and go frm there. Worst case scenario is I'll have to repaint them. Again, thanks!
If it were me, if go ahead and make that the only scenario. That way they are looking factory fresh and are done right the first time. JMHO

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know how close the G2 red caliper paint is to the Brembo red? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts