Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's probably a stupid question.. But I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
As far as I know the actual "pulls" are universal among all Challengers regardless of trim level and/or year.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But are they model specific ? Like, can I use any pulls ? Or do they have to be for the Challenger ?

·
Registered
330 Posts
But are they model specific ? Like, can I use any pulls ? Or do they have to be for the Challenger ?
I just put some on from Billet, and they didn't thread on very far, but they fit in the hole no problem, and got a couple of turns on them before they got tight. The ones I took off had about 10 turns to come off.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
The threads are incorrect on the billet ones, I recut mine to the correct pitch and they threaded on

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The threads are incorrect on the billet ones, I recut mine to the correct pitch and they threaded on

Do you know what you recut them to? A couple of us have sets and have had issues with them so if rethreading will resolve this then it is something we are interested in.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Yes, I need to find the tap I used, give me a day or so

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Same issue and the thread is 10-24 put a little blue loctite on when done

sent from mobile device

Reactions: PSM450

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Beat me to it

Same issue and the thread is 10-24 put a little blue loctite on when done

sent from mobile device
The locktite is a good idea, the knobs spin pretty easy after cutting them with a 10 - 24 tap

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine almost seem non removable, what did you guys use to break yours free?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Are u talkin about the factory knobs? If so a pair of vise grips will fix that but then they are trash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts