Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new SRT kit, but am now thinking that this isn't going to give me enough drop to be happy. This started me thinking that I would just pickup a set of lowering springs and use them with the Bilstein's, but as I looked into it I determined that it probably makes more sense to purchase the Eibach kit and sell my SRT kit complete (instead of just selling the springs).

THEN I started thinking that since I have the suspension apart (and it IS apart right now), now would be the best time to throw the sway bars in. My choices, then, are to purchase the Eibach spring and sway bar kit and use the SRT Bilstein shocks, or just purchase the complete Eibach kit. My net cost is about $110 more for the complete Eibach kit, but it is nice to have a complete system that's designed to work together.

The Eibach kits I'm looking at are the "Sport-Plus" versions because I want to keep a decent ride quality. This kit actually indicates a lower drop than the Pro-Kit (2" vs 1.7"). I'd actually prefer the 1.7" drop, as I don't want to worry about speed bumps and driveways, but I'm afraid the Pro-Kit will be a little too stiff for me.

This brings me back to my original question: Is the Bilstein SRT shock a better quality shock than the Eibach Sport-Plus shock and which will provide a better ride?

I know I'm being kind of anal about cost, but these are tight times and I'm trying to stretch my dollars. I do all my own work, so there's no labor cost involved.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
I put the Bilsteins and 2" drop on my SE, the ride is fantastic, IMO I would go with the Bilsteins, they have been making shocks for a long time. Not saying the Eibachs are bad or even less quality heck they might even be a better shock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
if you are going to lower the car, get the Eibachs. they are designed to work at that ride height. the bilsteins shocks are designed to work with the stock SRT springs and ride height.

don't the Eibachs have a 1,000,000 mile warranty? you can't beat that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are not some off the shelf items. Eibachs that it. I have the kit and they are way way way way, did I say way more superior than the Bilstiens.
David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts