Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live in the D.C. Metro area, of the remaining 2017s on the Dodge dealers lots here there is a plethora of TAs at almost every major dealer. I'd say there are more T/As available then any other '17 model. Just a fluke in our area or has the TA been a sales flop?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I’m about to list my TA 392 for sale in a few weeks. It only has 3000 miles on it. I went to look at what they are going for new and I was shocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,935 Posts
They made a ton of them!!!!!! I love mine but yeah...

·
Super Moderator
14,196 Posts
Whenever you put a huge graphics package on a car, you can expect slower sales.
I agree. Also, in an effort to sell Challengers (while keeping the same body style), Dodge has marketed a lot of "limited editions" over the years. When too many cars becomes "special," none of them are special.

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
It's all the blackout, many like it but it's not for everybody.

784 - T/A
800 - T/A Plus
1,265 - T/A 392

So total 2,849 built for 2017, that's more than Shaker or Scat Pack.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
It's all the blackout, many like it but it's not for everybody.

784 - T/A
800 - T/A Plus
1,265 - T/A 392

So total 2,849 built for 2017, that's more than Shaker or Scat Pack.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
They could make a half a million of them and I’d still like to have an octane red one! That car just blows me away! Thanks for the production numbers.

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
Live in the D.C. Metro area, of the remaining 2017s on the Dodge dealers lots here there is a plethora of TAs at almost every major dealer. I'd say there are more T/As available then any other '17 model. Just a fluke in our area or has the TA been a sales flop?
Its a newer trim line and for some buyers, maybe the blackout treatments are one issue.
-another is prices. You start out at $37.5k / $40.5k / $45k respectively in the T/A models.

Base T/A is $4k over base R/T
T/A Plus is $4K over R/T Plus

T/A 392 is is $5k over R/T Scat Pack
-on the T/A 392, you still start out with houndstooth cloth seats (as the base T/A 5.7 has) and have to option up to Leather Int. Grp

before you add any options to any of those trim levels.
Granted, on the T/A 392 you get the equivalent of the Dynamics Pkg (6 piston brakes/ 9.5 wheels / 275/40 tires) as standard, which costs $2.2K extra on R/T SP.

They're relatively recent models - so the general public might not be as aware of them.

I recall the Mopar Ext / Int Grp option models - those were seldom seen and that was a $2k package (non functional hood as OEM). There were a few "orphans" on the lots waiting around for buyers. You had to take the whole package [hood, spoiler, side stripe] as there were no other choices.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I actually, almost bought a White, T/A 392. I just decided that I thought I would get tired of the look after a year or two. So I went with a special order, 18 Scat Pack.

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
They could make a half a million of them and I’d still like to have an octane red one! That car just blows me away! Thanks for the production numbers.
That’s because Octane Red has an amazingly shine and depth to it. What a great color.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I live in the D.C. area myself and I'm about to get me an Indigo Blue or Octane Red T/A as it's different and not the usual RT or Scat Pack model see to many of those in the DC area.

I rather be different and get the T/A looks good with the black on top of the roof, hood and trunk.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. The sticker prices on the T/A 392s around here are well over $60,000. They don't really bring anything to the table over the Scat Pack or SRT 392, and for that price, they should. Dodge is normally smart when it comes to marketing muscle cars (See Demon), but with the T/A I think they pushed their luck too much with the rely-on nostalgia/appearance sales strategy.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I never personally got what the T/A was all about. Seemed like you paid an awful lot of money for a Scat Pack with some graphics, a different hood, white face gauges, and a few other things. I can see guys wanting one that liked the old T/A's from years ago or something, but beyond that I don't get what justifies the significantly higher price over a Scat Pack that has the same drivetrain and same performance. The ones I've seen all sticker around $50-55K, about $7-10K more than most Scat Packs I've seen on lots. They're cool for sure, but the pricing on them just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's a nice package but sales seem slow down here in AZ. The thing people don't like is the wrap, probably should have been paint or no black out treatment.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I actually, almost bought a White, T/A 392. I just decided that I thought I would get tired of the look after a year or two. So I went with a special order, 18 Scat Pack.
I'm not a huge fan of huge black stripes down the side of my car like a roaming billboard, but couldn't pass on the whole T/A 392 package. It's everything I wanted, without having to put out more for the SRT. I also think that I'll get tired of those stripes, but I get so many compliments and as soon as I mention pulling them off, people kinda get irate about it. LOL! At some point, I will take them off and I'll have a totally new look with the hood, roof and trunk black. Even so, I've yet to see another T/A, R/T, Plus or 392 on the road. Apart from pics on the internet, the only of these T/A's I've ever seen is mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I never personally got what the T/A was all about. Seemed like you paid an awful lot of money for a Scat Pack with some graphics, a different hood, white face gauges, and a few other things. I can see guys wanting one that liked the old T/A's from years ago or something, but beyond that I don't get what justifies the significantly higher price over a Scat Pack that has the same drivetrain and same performance. The ones I've seen all sticker around $50-55K, about $7-10K more than most Scat Packs I've seen on lots. They're cool for sure, but the pricing on them just doesn't make sense to me.
The $6,000 T/A package is the difference (24X)

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
What happened to the "Special Mopar" Edition (speaking of flops)? I have NEVER seen one of those..... I have seen a couple T/As. If I had a T/A the roof and trunk would have to body color.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
What happened to the "Special Mopar" Edition (speaking of flops)? I have NEVER seen one of those..... I have seen a couple T/As. If I had a T/A the roof and trunk would have to body color.....
I think 162 were made (USA & Canada) I have never seen one either, probably because they are priced so high

1 - 20 of 119 Posts