Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing eBay and found this.

Well over half the price of the other doors black fuel doors, but I also noticed that unlike the $100+ fuel doors, this one does not have any text on the inside of the lid.

Has anyone bought this one? If so, how was the fitment?

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can be the guinea pig lol

Doesn't alot of the "name" brand come from the same place?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can be the guinea pig lol

Doesn't alot of the "name" brand come from the same place?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I might, just wanted to see if anyone had before I took the plunge.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,599 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Just had the factory one replaced on my 18 under warranty. It lasted 1 year and 3 months before it started peeling over the "fuel" emblem.

I would think a Chinese knockoff has a good chance of lasting at least that long.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
The knock off has FUEL embossed looks like. All the originals have a "decal"

A Guy

Reactions: SFCR

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The knock off has FUEL embossed looks like. All the originals have a "decal"

A Guy
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the decal.

I'll consider buying it, and if I do and install it I'll post here again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was browsing eBay and found this.

Well over half the price of the other doors black fuel doors, but I also noticed that unlike the $100+ fuel doors, this one does not have any text on the inside of the lid.

Has anyone bought this one? If so, how was the fitment?

**brought 1 off eBay from Florida but never received it** Chinese eBay store fronting like it was in Florida and never received the door!
eBay issued a full refund like 20 days after i filed a claim. I reordered from Steve White 1 wk after i filed the complaint and had it in 2 days.

**Save yourself the headache **

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
**brought 1 off eBay from Florida but never received it** Chinese eBay store fronting like it was in Florida and never received the door!
eBay issued a full refund like 20 days after i filed a claim. I reordered from Steve White 1 wk after i filed the complaint and had it in 2 days.

**Save yourself the headache **

Shame.

The only one that looks like this one shipping from the US is about $96.

I'd rather just spring for the OEM if that's the case.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,995 Posts
Don't buy it!!!! It will fit in the hole of your car but it won't open and shut smoothly like the factory version and the door/cap doesn't shut quite right. I bought a similar version of this 2 years ago and I was terribly disappointed! The door actually damaged itself in the hinge area by chipping the paint. It's much heavier than the factory version. On top of that when it does close, it makes a loud "clank" noise.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Has anyone painted their OG chrome fuel door to the color of the rest of their car. I'm curious what that would look like but I can't find many or any pics.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
Lots have painted with PlastiDip, with mixed results. If you scuffed the chrome, hit it with adhesion promoter, then painted, that might work

A Guy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts