Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just looked at my Window sticker for the first time since I bought my car almost 3 months ago. I noticed I have the super track pack and 3.92 gears. Are these actual upgrades? Thanks for your help

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Yes.

Don't take this wrong but are people really this clueless when purchasing a new vehicle? Do people just go up and say give me the best R/T you have and here's my money....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to be honest I had no intention on buying a muscle car when I went to the dealership. They talked me into a test drive and took 10k right off the sticker price. Needless to say I drove it home. So yes I bought it just because I liked it. And no I didn't do any research before hand. So did I gamble of course but I have fallen in love with this car and its a full blown obsession now.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Well to be honest I had no intention on buying a muscle car when I went to the dealership. They talked me into a test drive and took 10k right off the sticker price. Needless to say I drove it home. So yes I bought it just because I liked it. And no I didn't do any research before hand. So did I gamble of course but I have fallen in love with this car and its a full blown obsession now.

All good. I research way to much I feel at times haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Does it say Anti-slip differential on there? That is a great option, the ONE I don't have but really wanted. Sounds like you got a smokin' deal, I wouldn't stress about what an SRT has, it's a different beast all around. Our R/T's rock, too!

Lets see some pictures of that sweet ride!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
For the money... the Super Track Pack is the best option. It makes the Challenger handle a lot better. It beefs up the suspension, lets you fully turn off traction control and best of all you get much stronger brakes.

Only two options in my Challenger were STP and sunroof.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
"Best" means different things to different people. Without knowing where you're coming from it's hard to say what's best for you.

The 3.92 gears are the shortest you can get, R/T or SRT. That'll give you the most responsiveness. I got 3.06 on my auto R/T and it's too tall for fun and city driving, but great for cruising and mileage... so you see how things can be relative?
As for the STP it will net you a lower stance and better handling, brakes and steering... but again this will only be of importance if you're into having the cool toys or going fast (that's why it's optional). My car is a daily driver in urban areas so I wanted smaller rims, thicker tires and a higher ride. The base R/T was best choice for me - depends on what you want and how you use the car.

Lemme put it this way: the options you have are among the most desirable and it sounds like you got a killer deal. :D

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I ordered a 2014 RT Plus and custom ordered what I wanted. I specifically asked for the 3.92 gears. Guys on here are saying that only the RT Classic comes with 3.92's. Is yours a manual xmsn or automatic. Is yours a Classic? Its easier to list what I deleted. No sunroof, no stripes and no rear spoiler for me. Just received my Billet Tech oil catch can in blue anodized. Now I just need a car to install it in.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I ordered a 2014 RT Plus and custom ordered what I wanted. I specifically asked for the 3.92 gears. Guys on here are saying that only the RT Classic comes with 3.92's. Is yours a manual xmsn or automatic. Is yours a Classic? Its easier to list what I deleted. No sunroof, no stripes and no rear spoiler for me. Just received my Billet Tech oil catch can in blue anodized. Now I just need a car to install it in.
The Classic option does not give you 3.92 . All autos get the 3.06s, M6s with 20" wheels get 3.92, and M6s with 18" wheels get the 3.73.

Of course I have seen one person on CT who got lucky and got an A5 with a 3.92...but that has not been verified.

·
Super Moderator
15,084 Posts
So I just looked at my Window sticker for the first time since I bought my car almost 3 months ago. I noticed I have the super track pack and 3.92 gears. Are these actual upgrades? Thanks for your help

Since you have the 20" wheels & 6-speed, your standard equipment is Anti-Spin differential (limited slip) and the 3.92 final drive ratio. The 6-speed driveline is standard equipment with 'auto being optional.

The Super Track Pack is an optional package in addition to the above, which adds a larger diameter swaybar (more resistance to body roll), different rear shocks, different spring rates and the full-off ESP capability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts